Search for content in message boards

Rogers

Posted: 27 Dec 2002 4:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jul 2004 3:38AM GMT
I am trying to find information concerning relatives Anderson P. Rogers, son of John and Elizabeth Deckard Rogers, and grandson of Dauswell and Lucy Rogers, and greatgrandson of Thomas Rogers, Anderson born in Rogersville, Hawkins Co. Tn. April 1839. His daughter, Cynthia Rogers who was born 12/02/1872 in my greatgrandmother. Cynthia's sisters were Loucinda born 02/1875, and Rosa Lee born 1879 in Benton County Arkansas. I am trying to locate my indian heritage. If you can help me in anyway, or have any information I would love hearing from you.

Re: Rogers

Posted: 28 Dec 2002 12:44AM GMT
Surnames: Rogers/Johnson/Hoover/House/Owen
I was looking through your tree re Cynthia Rogers as you suggested to follow up on our possible common link (Will Rogers the storyteller), and I found another entry under Farmer for an Anderson R. Rogers, married to Amelia Manus, with one daughter Rose Lee Rogers b 6-5-1879. Contact Judith Tew @ jude2009@earthlink.net

I thought this might be of interest to you, because there appear to be several similarities. Good Luck. If you find out anything that might help me in my research on Frances Rogers, I'd appreciate an update. TIA.

cindy (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2003 1:45AM GMT
Surnames: rogers
hi i am also researching the rogers family.my great grandfathers name was james newton rogers he was born in alabama he married florence catherine davis she was also born alabama sometime both were born sometime around the 1870's, my grandfathers was born in 1909, on his brith certificate it states his father 45, so james may have been born before 1870's.
the lived in texas and ark around rogers ark and texarkana ark.

Posted: 3 Sep 2003 3:05AM GMT
Surnames: Rogers, Williams, Dawsons, Douglas, McGinnis, Manus/Manis/Maness, Gourley, Jones
Hi, my Rogers are from Northwest Arkansas, where Rogers is. My greatgrandmother is Cynthia Ann Rogers born 1872. She married William Franklin Douglas. Her father was Anderson Rogers, and his father is John Rogers. Anderson had a brother by the name of Grandville, as well as his father John Rogers. My father told me that I am related to Will Rogers. My Rogers came to Arkansas from Hawkins Co. Tenn. and before that North Carolina. I have a family tree at ancestory.com w/ all my family information. John Rogers father was Dauswell, and his father was Thomas. The county in Arkansas is Benton Co. Cynthia is buried I believe in Garfield, Ark. I graduated from Rogers, Ark. Will Rogers married Betty Blake in Rogers. Not sure if any of this helps you or not, but if you do a search at ancestory for Cynthia Rogers born 1872 you should be able to find the Rogers I have in my tree. Thank you.
Posted: 25 Oct 2003 6:59AM GMT
Surnames: Rogers/Starnes/Glenns
Julie,
I am not sure if my husbands lines are connected to yours; name is John Rogers (told he was full blooded--my searches say Halfbreed) he married a unknown Starnes (full blooded Choctaw) they had two daughters; Margaret (Peggy) Rogers who married a unknown Glenn; and Abigail Rogers b: Abt 1770 d: Abt 1842 and John Glenn (a Irishman) b: Abt 1765 d: Abt 1832 (these two are my husbands lines). This info can be found on the internet/web/online. I am not sure if this is any help to you either. I/we are trying to find out more info on them, but it all keeps ending up the dead ends. I also realize that going back this far my never find out anything about them. Good luck. Any info is appreciated.
Patsy

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 2:06PM GMT
My John Rogers line go back to North Carolina. I have a family tree posted at ancestry.com w/ a lot of info. John's father was Dauswell. They came to Hawkins Co. Tennessee and then ended up in Arkansas. My Rogers line is connected to Manes and Lawson's.
Posted: 14 Nov 2003 1:46AM GMT
Surnames: Rogers
Hi Julie,
Did your John Rogers marry a "unknown first name" (full blooded Choctaw indian woman) Starnes? "this last name may have different spellings-has I am finding out thru researching" . They had two daughters: Margaret (Peggy) Rogers (I find that she may not be their daughter) she married a Glenn; and Abigail Rogers married John Glenn an Irisman (they are my husband's ggggrandparents). I am not sure if my husband's line is connected to your line. Thanks for the info.
Bye.
Patsy

Posted: 14 Nov 2003 2:06PM GMT
My John Rogers was born 1798 Tennessee, think Hawkins County. The only person that I know he married is Elizabeth Deckard b. 1809 in Tennessee.

Children:
Anderson P. b. APR 1842 in Rogersville, Hawkins Co. Tn
He married Ameila A. Manes/Manis/Maness 1863 in Ark., daughter of Jesse Manes and Mella Johnston (buried in Bayless Cemetery, Benton Co. Ark.)

David Rogers b. 1826 Tennessee

Granville Patton Rogers b. 17 AUG 1825 Hawkins Co. Tn and died 6 DEC 1899

Hiram b 1a

Malinda b 11/23/1828

Lucinda b 1843

Cynthia b 1/30/1836 Tn

Posted: 14 Nov 2003 3:06PM GMT
Surnames: Rogers/Starnes/Glenn/
Thanks, but your John Rogers isn't my husbands line.
John Rogers was b: in the 1600s. wife, Also unknown Starnes.
unknown Starnes married 2x to a unknown Austin one
child, Dave Ausin
My husbands line
Abigail Rogers b: abt. 1770 in SC or Miss d: abt. 1842 in
Carroll County, (now Boone Co.) Ark
married: abt 1789 probabley SC
John Glenn b: abt 1765 probabley SC d: Greenock, Ark
children: 11
Kissie, Joseph (Joe Berry) Berry, Dolly, Johnathan (Jaws),
Elizabeth (Betsy), David, James, Margaret (Peggy), Mary
Ida (Polly), Virginia (Jennie) and William Taylor
I wish you good luck in your researching and happy hunting.
Patsy
Posted: 11 Sep 2008 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: Rodgers/Hawkins
I am very interested in your Rogers family. I am having trouble with my research. I have 2 photos of my G- grandmother Rodgers. All the research shows her first name as Malissie Ann and I have found her name as Milcia b: abt 1870 in Alabama lived in Cave City, Arkansas or thereabouts, Married to Franklin Monroe Hawkins, his family from Kentucky and Tennessee. In an 1880 census for Cave township, Sharp, Arkansas there was a Nancy J. Rodgers and family living as close neighbors to Franklin Monroe Hawkins when he was 19 yrs. about the time he got married. Not sure if one of Nancy J. Rodgers' daughters or relation became his wife. I also was always told we were related to Will Rogers and Malissie was Cherokee. I have another picture of Mittie Rodgers or Carmitta Rodgers, she may have taken over raising of the children when Malissie died around 1915. I have searched these names out and am at a deadend. I have no idea who the Parents of these Rodgers women are and would like to know more of my Indian heritage and am not sure where to go next. Thanks for any help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic