Search for content in message boards

Swedish Records Help Request

Swedish Records Help Request

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 3:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Liljedahl
Looking for someone to provide me some direction.

I am looking to find the ship Bernhard S. Liljedahl took to America. In the Household Examination Records for Tolo, Halland, Sweden 1883-1895 page 347 it says he emigrated to America on June 27, 1884 or 1887. I have looked for him on passenger ships for the 1880's and cannot locate him. I do know his siblings called him Alfred.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank You!

Re: Swedish Records Help Request

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 11:16PM GMT
Are you sure he emigrated in the 1880's? It does say "Amerika" in the notes section but the date refers to the date he moved to page 412. You'll find him there and since his name isn't crossed over it seems he stayed in Sweden (at least until 1895).

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 4:08PM GMT
Thanks for helping me. I saw him on page 412 before and I appreciate your explanation. Any suggestions on where I can look for more Household Examination records that go past 1895? I want to ensure he did not leave Sweden after 1895. Any suggestions you may have, would be fantastic!
The family information stated that he left for America in the 1880's, but the information may be incorrect. He supposedly jumped ship when he saw the Statue of Liberty.

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 9:18PM GMT
I've been looking for household examinations for Tölö parish that go past 1895 but right now you can't find any in any databse. I live close to the archive with the original household examinations for the southern region of Sweden and I might be able to look him up. It will probably be a week or two before I can go there but if you are interested I can definitely do it.

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 12:17AM GMT
If you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate you looking him up.
I am not worried about when you can go there. He has been a mystery to me for some time.
Thank you so much.

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: Liljedahl
Dear. Ms. Nilsson,

Just checking in to see if you had been able to visit the archives.

Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic