Search for content in message boards

Still looking for my Great Uncle Marcus Patton's children

Still looking for my Great Uncle Marcus Patton's children

MarshaFenstermacher/Binkley (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2006 12:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Patton, Amman
Last known address for my grandmother's youngest brother was in Oregan
He passed away , but left at least 2 adult children
James Patton and Marcia Patton/ Amman.
Plus a grand daughter Teresa Apple Amman.
Would love to be able to reach these family members.
Am interested about them, their father and also have pictures to share with them.
Please contact me at binkley206@sbcglobal.net
Thank you
Marsha

Re: Still looking for my Great Uncle Marcus Patton's children

Posted: 24 Jul 2006 12:06PM GMT
Hello Marsha , This message is not related to your posting but I had posted to another of your messages about confrming the graves of Matthew and Lydia Barratt Patton. Perhaps you didn't my response or found someone else to confirm. I have these pictures and had hoped to hear from you . They were my 4th ggparents through there son Matthew , brother to your Barrett. Still hoping to hear from you.

Marsha Fenstermacher/ Patton (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2006 7:49PM GMT
Patricia
Thank you. We were without and ISP for awhile, due to a move.
Yes I would love pictures of Barrett's graves and anything else you may have stories, memories handed down , obituaries, copies of wills.
I can accept jpg or gif files or am willing to pay for photo copies .
As an adult that was raised as an orphan and not permitted to know 1/2 of my family and then loose the 1/2 I did know I rejoice in all new knowledge.
Thank you for touching base with me again
Marsha Fenstermacher/ Binkley
Martha Patton was my Grandma who married Joseph O Fenstermacher. I have no memories of her , but was told she was a hard working wonderful lady. And I met my grandpa Fenstermacher at my Mom's funeral when I was 8 years old.
Marsha

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 7:08PM GMT
Good afternoon
I am hoping your still checking on here. Would love to have your home email address.
Mine is binkley206@sbcglobal.net
I have Matthew Patton Jr. and Martha Rumbold / Patton as being married on June 17, 1832 in Federalsburg, Caroline Co., Maryland . Is that correct with your documentation?
And I have 4 children for them as well.
It is very nice to meet you, but could you email me at my home email address?
I sometimes get real busy and forget about some of the postings I have placed.
Thank you and I do believe that makes us cousins.
I have some pictures of Alexander Patton's children if you would like them for your research please let me know.
And one really neat story my Uncle told me about Alexander prior to his death. Don't you just love family stories ? I do.
Marsha Fenstermacher / Binkley

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Patton
Who is this Alexander Patton? Was he married to Anna C. Oakley in Madison Co., VA? Do you know his parents?
Could be I'm related.
Jerry Lusk
Richmond, VA

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 7:13PM GMT
Surnames: Patton, LUSK !!!
Hello Jerry LUSK
Sorry my Great Grandfather Alexander Patton was from Marion , Grant Co., Indiana and was the husband of Cora M. Marsh on Oct. 19, 1880
They had 6 children
Ada Ellen Patton -1883 married to Roscoe M. Benefiel
Barrett March Patton= Oct. 4, 1885 married to Frances Kuntz
Martha Emily Patton - Nov. 23, 1887 my Grandma married to Joseph Orlo Fenstermacher
Georgia Marcia Patton - July 17, 1889 married to Ralph Strong
Elma M. Patton June 17, 1893 died as child
Marcus Levens Patton - June 15, 1896 married to Phyllis B??

But , that is a portion of my paternal side ...
Guess what surname is very important on my maternal side ???
Give UP ?
LUSK
I am the great grand daughter of Clara Viola LUSK who married Mark Gross
Clara was a daughter of George Elbert Lusk who married Catherine N. Blank
George was a son of Joseph Hugh LUSK husband of Julianna Waggoner
Joseph was born in Tazewell Co., Virginia
as a son of Charles Lusk and Anna Runyon / Lusk Sr.

Charles Lusk was born in South Carolina as a son of William Lusk and Mary P. Neeley / Lusk Jr.

William Lusk having been born in 1760 in South Carolina as a son of William and Jane Lusk Sr.

William Lusk Sr. was born in 1740 in SC as a son of Eleanor Smith and James Lusk
James Lusk was born 1719 in Augusta Co., Virginia my 7th Gr Grandparent and was a son of Elizabeth Nevitt and Nathan Lusk from Ulster, Ireland
Nathan was a son of William Joseph Lusk and Elizabeth Hays / Lusk William being born in 1696 in Belfast , Ireland and yes my 9th Gr Grandfather

William Joseph was a son of John Joseph Lusk also born in Ireland who's wife's name is a mystery at this point . They were my 10th Gr Grandparents .

My Lusk family came from the area known as Lusk Ireland and Lusk Tower, which you can look up on the internet .
I really would like to exchange data with you and see where you fit on the tree.
Marsha
binkley206@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: Patton , Barrett
Hi Marsha,

Yes, that is the same date and location for the marriage of Matthew Patton Jr. and Martha Rumbold Patton that I have in my file. We are indeed cousins, but I haven’t counted back to what distant degree. I have so much information on this family now that I can sometimes imagine that I knew them and lived in their time.
You must have forgotten that we corresponded on our Patton family line in July of 2006. As I recall you’ve been doing family research for many years now. I’ve only been at it for about 3 years but, I’ve already learned a great many things in that short time. I’ve gathered an extensive file of family facts, stories and statistics. Additionally, I’ve found that the interests and approaches are very different from one genealogist to another. I think all of us enjoy a good family story, it is the best part. I have a very colorful one about Lydia Barrett Patton, from before the Civil War, those are rare that far back, particularly about the women. Otherwise, I’m most interested in following my direct family line, both male and female, including a bit about their siblings in each generation. Some researchers seem to limit themselves more towards their father’s male line and others are very interested in their foreign countries of origin.
You may now vaguely recall our earlier communication and that I sent you, by mail, a large amount of information on people including: Matthew Patton Jr.(your Barratt Patton Sr.’s brother),and his wife, Martha Rumbold, and their families (including my line); Matthew Patton Sr. and his wife, Lydia Barratt/Barrett; Philip Barrett Jr. and his wife Miriam Sipple; as well as more ancient lines going back from these. There was also some literature on historic Barratt’s Chapel that included Philip Barrett’s monetary contribution as well as his involvement with the early beginnings of the Methodist Episcopal Church. I believe I also sent you a copy of a letter from Caesar Rodney, that he’d sent to another gentleman in political cannels, dated Sept. 1775, it very eloquently listed many qualities possessed by Philip Barrett Jr. that made him an excellent choice for High Sheriff of Kent County, Delaware.

I must admit that I was somewhat disappointed and surprised by what seemed to be a lack of interest on your part. I’d sent off the packet of material and after what seemed to have been plenty of time for delivery had passed by; still I did not hear back from you. Thinking it might have been lost in the mail, I emailed you to see if you had received it. You did reply then, saying that you had gotten it; you’d been very busy and that your ISP had been down for awhile. I didn’t hear from you again until yesterday. I did wonder about you and I’ve hoped that you hadn’t had some misfortune of health or otherwise that had kept you so busy. I was sorry that I didn’t receive any feed back from you about the data, although I did realize that you might have had some of it already.
Many researchers’ take pride in finding their ancestors are remembered with historical significance, particularly those going back to the Revolutionary War and beyond. The descendants of Philip Barrett Jr. are among those that are eligible for inclusion in the SAR and DAR societies. I have not pursued the membership myself but, I am none the less proud of the heritage.
When we first exchanged our information I’d yet to do any research on your Barrett Patton Sr.’s family, after they’d left Caroline County, Maryland between 1870 and 1880. Recently I did gather some information on them from census data and I would be very happy to receive anything you might want to contribute. The photos you mentioned would be much appreciated. One question I have for you: have you come across any old bibles, journals or anything of that sort through your contacts with other Patton descendants during your years of research?
I see that you have yet again a new e-mail address. My own e-mail address is very silly; I’m not at all reluctant to use the internet and haven’t been for many years now. I would love to change it but, I’d hate to miss any replies to my queries that sometimes take years to receive. Maybe I will hear from you again sometime. My email address is reluctantuser@juno.com

Patricia Patton Taylor

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 4:37AM GMT
Patricia
I have emailed you privately. The email should explain some of the things that have slowed me down, and the loss of the material you sent along with loss of many other items and books from research.
And yes, your correct .I began research in 1973 so that is nearly 35 years ago.
Some lines like this one though have hit a brick wall for me. I can't go back without trying to come forward as well.
I love the stories and have pictures gladly share with you now that we have found each other again.
Marsha

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 6:44PM GMT
Surnames: Patton, Lusk, McAlister, Frasure
Marsha,
My Alexander Patton was born ca. 1803 in Stafford Co., Virginia and married Achsah Anna C. Oakley 11 May 1830 in Madison Co., VA. They moved to Gibson Co., TN where they had seven children: Emily Virginia, b. abt 1833; Sarah Ann, b. 13 Feb 1834; George Washington, b. 6 Jul 1835 (my 2x great grandfather); Martha Ursah, b. ca 1837; Eliza Frances, b. ca 1838; Mary Ellen (Mollie), b 4 Jun 1842; Susan, b. ca 1843. George Washington Patton married Susan Moriah McAlister 5 Jul 1860. They had a son, Jefferson, b. ca 1861 and a daughter, Francis Ann (Fannie), b. 30 Aug 1863 (my great grandmother). GW Patton died 15 Jan 1896 in Milan, TN. His wife Susan died 15 Jan 1916. Francis (Fannie) Patton married Louis Benjamin Lusk, b. 4 Apr 1856, on 7 Jan 1883. They lived in Milan, TN and had four children: Clarence Albert, b. 5 May 1884; Will Taylor, b. 7 Mar 1888 (my grandfather); Annie Sue, b. 29 Mar 1890; John Patton, b. 24 Mar 1892. Fannie Lusk died 20 Jul 1925 in Milan, TN. LB Lusk died 4 Apr 1939 in Milan. Louis Benjamin Lusk was the son of James William Lusk, b. ca 1837, and Mary Elizabeth (Polly) Frasure of Coffee Co., TN. Their other children were twins James William and John Wilson, b. Jan 1853; Hiram Lafeyette, b. 8 May 1858; Francis Marion, b. 18 May 1860. I know that the mother of the older James William Lusk was named Mary but don't know her maiden name. Mary was a widow prior to 1850 and married a much older Benjamin Rodgers before her death in 1851. I think his father was named William Lusk, but don't have documentation to prove it yet. Not sure where William Lusk came from. Don't know if this makes us related or not, but I'm still researching both the Patton and Lusk lines. Any help on these lines would be greatly appreciated.
Jerry Lusk
Richmond, VA

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 8:10PM GMT
Those are mostly very common names in the Lusk family. And right now I don't have all of my data downloaded onto the lap top.
Will get back to you when I locate a common thread
Marsha
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions