Search for content in message boards

1897 Murder in Waukesha Co. Wi.

1897 Murder in Waukesha Co. Wi.

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 8:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NORRIS- CAMERON-SILVERNALE-REYNOLDS-???
I have a letter dated May 25, 1897, written br Margaret (Silvernale) Reynolds, mentioning a local murder and suicide. . The only names mentioned were Mr. Norris was a brother to George Cameron's lawyers wife.This would have happened in the Mukwanago , Eagle, Genesee area. Margaret Reynolds lived at Mukwanago, she is buried there on the Colyer lot. Her marker says only "Mother"
Can anyone tell me who the victims were in this long ago crime ?
Thank You.

Re: 1897 Murder in Waukesha Co. Wi.

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 7:12PM GMT
Surnames: Cameron, Searles, Norris, Lauzer ?
Because of the fancy Spencerian penmanship, this letter is very difficult to read,A correction/addittion for the names mentioned.
Mr. Norris was a brother to George Cameron .
Lauzer's (sp)?? wife, she is dead
Anna (Cameron) went to Searles.
There was a news article in the "Chief"

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 5:43PM GMT
There is a newspaper in Mukwonago called the Mukwonago Chief.

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 5:51PM GMT
Ancestry has a large group of the Mukwonago Chief. I was able thru a cousin to get copies of about 300 articles on my family name. If you are not a member, maybe someone can do lookups for you.

Bobbie

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: SEARLES,CAMERON, NORRIS
Thank You,
Dorris

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: SEARLES,CAMERON, NORRIS
Thank you,
Dorris

Posted: 21 May 2013 12:34AM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2013 12:43AM GMT
All Wisconsin residents have free access to "NewspaperARCHIVE" through the BadgerLink site and their local library's card number. The "Mukwonago Chief" is not listed but the Waukesha paper is with it's columns of township news. Many Wisconsin small town and rural papers are available through that site; even some barely legible German language papers too (but they took down the German papers that were completely illegible). I've indexed all of their German papers published in Milwaukee, with an eye focused on genealogy research.

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers find their ancestors among Milwaukee's 99%.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic