Search for content in message boards

Bennett's of West Virginia

Jo Ann Bennett Conn (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 11:41AM GMT
Looking for information on this Bennett line; Joseph/William/Joseph/Joseph/Moses/David/ Soloman/ David Thomas /Henry / Edward. Joseph William from England, next two Joseph's from New Jersey, the rest from West Virginia.

wv

christopher c bennett (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 5:34PM GMT
what par of wv are you looking for bennett wallace or dola wv my family tree goes back to 1745 abraham bennett

NJ Bennetts from England

John D. Bennett II (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2000 10:35PM GMT
I am also looking for Joseph William from England.

http://pedigree.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/pedview.dll?ti=0Ind=576...

I found it interesting to see that William's wife Elizabeth still has a last name that is still an issue. (Is it Lee -or- Kee????) If it is Kee, then her Father is named Burke Kee born about 1664 in Essex England, and Mother is named Magdalene Geoffrey . This is the first I have see this listed on Ancestry.com (next two Joseph's from New Jersey, the rest from West Virginia.)

If you have any information please drop me a line at VaPhotoCpl@aol.com. Thank you :)

Brenda Atkisson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2000 8:10PM GMT
I have had no success finding any of my Bennett relatives. My grandfather was Wilson Hayes Bennett. His father was Hays Bennett. They lived in Beverly, WV. Hays died probably in the late 50's and Wilson in 1971. They are both buried in Beverly. I am looking for any information.

BENNETT, Charles Wm. of WV

DJH (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2000 5:13PM GMT
Wish that I could provide you with some answers, but I too am trying to locate parents or siblings of subj. He was born 6 June 1843 in WV and married 1858 in WV Nancy Ellen PENNICKS (1843 OH - 1927 IN). They had ten children;daughter, Carrie Lee, born 1871 in Jackson Co., WV. She married in 1890, McLean Co., IL, to John William FARR. Hope some of this links to your known BENNETT family.

Bennett/Gandy

Posted: 29 Sep 2000 11:38AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2001 6:19PM GMT
My Grandfather used the name of Ira Bennett. I have been told by my father that it was not his real name but an AKC for Stuart Gandy. He took his mother,s maiden name of Bennett for some reason. He went by Bennett from about 1910 to about 1950. Is there any connection with your line? They were all in W.Va. at that time. Some moving took place because of jobs. My Dad and Ira were electricians and belong to the union.

Your grandfather- Ira Bennett

audrey (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2000 8:38PM GMT
Ann, I am interested in your statement about your Grandfather,Ira Bennett. My maiden name was Bennett. I have been told recently that my family goes back into Virginia area. I was once told a story about a relative who used his Mother's maiden name and not his real name. Unfortunately, I never found out what his real name was. Could these men possibably be the same person's? I was told he had a sister also. If any of this sounds like a possible link, please e-mail me at> augiedoggie711@aol.com- I have posted searchs here and have found a family I never knew I had. We have recently been in touch. Looking forward to your reply.
Audrey

Bennett Family in WV

Carol Blankenship (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2001 11:50PM GMT
I have been looking also. My grandfather was John Bennett, married Piety Roberts. They did live in Beverly, WV at one time, but do not know if they were from there. My Grandfather was a surveyor for the lumber companies and might have just worked there.

Brenda Atkisson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2001 1:22PM GMT
My Grandfather was Wilson Hayes Bennett. I know he had 2 brothers but I never met them. As far as I can remember they lived somewhere in Florida. Wilson died in March of 1971 at the age of 62. He was married to Freda Simmons and they had 6 children. My grandmother is still living and is still in West Virginia. If you have any more information I would appreciate it.

Re: Bennett's of West Virginia

Karen Bennett (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2001 8:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bennett
Sounds like your from our family line. Go to:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~deschart/z0000456.html
if it sounds right, let me know whom exactly you want info on and if I have it, I'll be happy to share it. My husband's family is from Joseph Bennett.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic