Search for content in message boards

Request for photo change

Request for photo change

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 6:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Aug 2012 6:32PM GMT
I would like to eliminate some redundant trees but I have uploaded photos to them in the past. I would like to request the option that the person who originally uploaded a photo be allowed to move the origin information of that to a new tree also of their own(username to same username). I would still like people to be able to find me and follow an item back to it's roots but I would also like to eliminate a tree. Right now I cannot do that. Some people do not want to make contact on a photo but will check the original tree. Or at least allow this just prior to the deletion of a tree.

And while I am on this. I am able to see the name of my private tree even after I move a photo to a public tree. I am okay with having just the name of my private tree show in this context. I am curious if this is what other people see?

Re: Request for photo change

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 6:43PM GMT
"I am able to see the name of my private tree even after I move a photo to a public tree."

If you mean you see the name of your tree that a particular photo was in before you moved it, this will continue until the next time the trees are indexed. Maybe around December or later.

Since the tree is yours, its name is not hidden from you.

Re: Request for photo change

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 7:06PM GMT
Frostfreedet, thank you. After that I suppose there is no tree name shown, just the username?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions