Search for content in message boards

Waukegan, Lake Co., Ill

Waukegan, Lake Co., Ill

Posted: 28 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jun 2002 6:32PM GMT
Surnames: BILLS HAYWOOD MONFORD MORFORD SELLS WATERS WEDGE
MARY ANN HAYWOOD, left her husband IRA BILLS who was living in Nankin, Wayne Co., MI. She is said to have left abt 1856 to visit relatives known to have divorced. Her son EDMUND BILLS located her in Waukegan, Illinois, he is said to have visited her and found a job at Grays Lake not to far away. History sources state she married a DAVID SELLS who died in the Civil War and she then married a JOSEPH MONFORD, picture sources list a GRANDMA & GRANDPA MORFORD, taken Waukegan, Ill.
Located a W. D. Sells b. abt 1834 England listed as living in Avon, Lake Co., Illinois area, on the 1860 census with wife Mary b. abt 1821 England. Children listed are Harriett 3yrs, Ills, and H. D. Sells 2yrs, Ills.
Believe the names I am looking for is a William D.(p.David) Sells who maybe the same WILLIAM D. SELLS who was on in the 96th INF rosters in Company D out of AVON.
Their children: HARRIET SELLS also known as HATTIE WATERS we believe through a picture taken Waukegan, Ill. married a WATERS and her children are, AMY WATERS, picture source Waukegan, Ill., and BIRDIE WATERS, picute source Godfrey Studio.
H. D. Sells of the 1860 census is believed to be HOSEA SELLS.
other son known is GEORGE SELLS.
There was a picture taken R.W. Hook, Art Photographer, Cor. Genesee and Madison Streets, Waukegan, Ill. handwriting states "George & Hosea Sells and Edmund Bills" believe taken about 1890-1900 era.
Also have pictures of a HAZEL SELLS one taken H.A.Beard, Waukegan, Ill and one Godfrey Studios. Don't know if she is a sister or possibly a daughter to one of the Sells Brothers.
Also possible association of a MOLLIE & DORIS WEDGE which have a picture of as mother and child.
Looking for anyone who may know where these families may have been in Waukegan or anyother county of Illinois. Have had little luck with census records at LDS some of them are to faded.

Re: Waukegan, Lake Co., Ill

Posted: 4 May 2013 7:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sells
Hi, I believe William D Sells is my great great grandmother's brother. Please contact me for more information, I would love to hear from you.

John

England
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions