Search for content in message boards

Shattuck family

Shattuck family

Posted: 15 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 1:25AM GMT
Surnames: Shattuck, Parker, Day, McCulloch
Looking for connections to the Samuel Shattuck family that started Shattuckville near Saginaw in Saginaw County in the 1840's and 50's. Also the Parker and Day (Dey) families who operated a brick yard west of Saginaw city. Hugh McCulluck is connected to these families, coming to Saginaw county in the 1830's.

Samuel Shattuck Saginaw County

Posted: 8 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 4:33AM GMT
Surnames: LaLonde, McLeod, Bohnhoff, Little, Chapman, DeBolt
Hi Ted,

I have family that lived in Saginaw County since 1870s. I have been researching the families from Tittabawassee Twp and surrounding areas since 1850. I have a Samuel Shattuck married to Catherine Beach lived in Tittabawassee in 1850. Their children, Willard, Elmore and Samuel's mother, Prudence Shattuck (his father's name was also Samuel, but he was not living in 1850) were also listed in the 1850 census. Also Morgan and Adelaide Jones, Curtis Lazell, Alma (12 yrs old) and Sephronia Tibbets (53 yrs old) living with the Shattucks. In 1860 in Spaulding, there was a Benjamin Shattuck, wife Mary A and son Edward, all from Ohio. I don't know if there is any connection between the 2 families. There were also McCullock family that had Thomas Parker living with them. The Mcullocks, Thomas and Hannah had a son Hugh that was 4 in 1850. The McCullocks also had 7 other children (from the 1850 and 1860 census from Tittabawassee)

I hope this helps in your search.

Claudette LaLonde Shelby
Southern California

Re: Shattuck family

Posted: 2 Jul 2001 4:59PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Hayden, Chamberlin, Ladd, Clesson, Field, Healey, Beach, Lowe, Day, Miller, Burns, Sproull
I am a direct decendant of the Samuel Shattuck family. The Original Samuel Shattuck was born around 1621-1622, the Samuel Shattuck you are referring to was actually the 4th Samuel born in 1814? He came to Saginaw in 1836 and bought 200 acres of land. His house is still there. I have the record if you are interested. We may be family.
-Sarah Burns

Re: Samuel Shattuck Saginaw County

Posted: 2 Jul 2001 5:05PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Hayden, Chamberlin, Ladd, Clesson, Field, Healey, Beach, Lowe, Day, Miller, Burns, Sproull
Dear Claudette LaLonde Shelby,
I too have family of Samuel Shattuck. Andin my family records I have another Samuel Shattuck that married Catharine Beach. Please let me know if you have any idea where the Shattucks moved from. I do know that they arrived in Saginaw in 1836 and bought 200 acres of land but I do not know where they came from. My family records trace back to William Shattuck born in 1621/1622 but do not include a city of origination.
Thank you,
Sarah Burns
Florida

Posted: 21 Jul 2001 3:39AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 1:59PM GMT
Surnames: Shattuck, Durgan, Scheall, Adams
Hi Claudette

I am a grand-daughter of a Willard Shattuck from Ogemaw County, MI. near West Branch. I have been trying for several years to locate who his parents were, with no success. My father died when I was very young. My Willard was born in 1858. I would like to talk with someone that may be able to help, I do have info on his wife, children and some of their children.
I would appreciate any assistance you can give me.

Maxine (Shattuck) Adams
Clinton Twp., MI.

Posted: 27 Jul 2001 2:02AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 1:59PM GMT
Surnames: Shattuck, Durgan, Scheall
Sarah, I have been looking for my g grandfather and I understand that Samuel Shattuck from the Saginaw area had a son named Willard. My grandfather was Willard Orville Shattuck, married Eliza Durgan. I have info and pictures of Willard's family. They had 7 children. My father was born in Ogemaw county. I would sure like to make a connection, we may have something in common. Maxine

Posted: 26 Nov 2001 4:37AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2005 5:44AM GMT
Surnames: Shattuck, Smtih
I also have a Samuel Shattuck b. 12/5/1803 (?CT), son of William & Sally Smith Shattuck.

Posted: 26 Nov 2001 3:34PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2005 8:10PM GMT
Hello,
That date of 1803 does not match any of our Samuel Shattuck ancestors (There were 5 generations of them in a row). Are you familiar with the book "Memorials of the Descendants of William Shattuck" by Lemuel Shattuck published in 1855?
Ted

Posted: 10 Apr 2002 4:24PM GMT
Surnames: Shattuck, Willard
Maxine, are you still searching for this info? I know something about both the Willard and Shattuck lines; my ancestor Aurelia Shattuck married George Clarke Willard, son of Alexander Hamilton Willard. They lived in what was known as Michigan Territory. Let me know if you need help. I'm at jhorsfall@aol.com.

Kristin Yates

Posted: 16 Jun 2002 12:33AM GMT
Samuel and Catherine BEACH SHATTUCK's granddaughter, Florence Edna "Edna" Shattuck married William Thomas DAY. William's mother was Mary PARKER, daughter of Thomas PARKER. Mary's grandmother was Elizabeth McCULLOCH PARKER, wife of Isaac. All evidence points to Elizabeth's being the older sister of Thomas Hannay McCULLOCH. Corroborating this is the fact that Thomas PARKER was living with Thomas and Hannah McCULLOCH in the 1850 census. I believe this is because Thomas PARKER's wife and second daughter had recently died (1847). He appears to have sent his 1st daughter, Mary, to live with neighbors while he, himself, lived with his uncle, Thomas McCULLOCH.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions