Search for content in message boards

Which Isabella Kerr m. Capt. William Gilbreath Falls, d. 1780, Kings Mtn.

Which Isabella Kerr m. Capt. William Gilbreath Falls, d. 1780, Kings Mtn.

Posted: 20 Jan 2003 5:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jul 2003 7:28PM GMT
Surnames: Falls, Kerr
Some researchers have posted information on their web sites that the Isabella Kerr, b. 1740, that married Capt. William Gilbreath Falls, is a daughter of William2 Kerr (James1)and Rosanna Jane Smith, while others have listed Isabella as a daughter of William's brother, John2 Kerr (James1), who married Lucy Pickens. There IS an Isabella Kerr listed in Chalkley's Augusta County, VA Records, daughter of John Kerr and Lucy Pickens that was baptized on Oct. 19, 1740 at Tinkling Spring Church. The first child that William2 Kerr had baptized at Tinkling Spring Church was his son, Andrew Kerr, on Sept. 16, 1744. Does any researcher have proof that there WAS a daughter of William Kerr named Isabella that married William Gilbreath Falls? One source has said that Isabella, daughter of William Kerr married a Gilbreath Franklin Falls, supposedly a brother of William Gilbreath Falls, but I can't find where this other Gilbreath Falls exists. Have been unable to locate a will other record for John Kerr OR William Kerr, naming a Gilbreath Falls as a son-in-law. Would like to resolve the discrepancy and get correct information to future researchers. Please e-mail information to: Delijim@aol.com
Thank you.

Re: Which Isabella Kerr m. Capt. William Gilbreath Falls, d. 1780, Kings Mtn.

Posted: 2 Jul 2004 3:02PM GMT
Surnames: Falls, Paxton
Hi James,

I know this is an old post but I was interested in your mention of a Gilbraith Franklin Falls. I'm researching my gg grandmother, Isabella Falls, who I'm told was the daughter of Frank Falls, an early settler of TN. I'd be interested in knowing the source of your information. I have not been able to track him down as of yet but feel my information is accurate. It comes to me through a biographical sketch where one of Isabella's sons makes mention of him.

Jan

Posted: 1 Aug 2010 11:37PM GMT
Surnames: Falls, Kerr
Hello. I know this question was posted several yrs ago, but I have come across some information that may be of assistance to you. I recently visited Centre Presbyterian Church cemetery, near Charlotte, NC. In this graveyard, there were the graves of Capt. Gilbraith Falls 1740-1780 and Major William Falls 1763-1837. There was also a Mary S. Falls, 1766-1826 and and infant John Falls. There were also several Kerr's in this same cemetery. James Kerr 1738-1816, Jane Kerr 1754-1831, Amelia Kerr 1779, William H. Kerr 1778-1844, Alford Kerr 1796-1852, Harriet R. Kerr 1806-1818, James W. Kerr (Confederate Soldier) 1835-1919, Julie J. Kerr 1837-1911, Mollie L. H. Kerr 1856-1899, William M. Kerr 1867-1900, Charlie Kerr 1870-1942 and Nita Kerr 1878-1960. I am a direct descendent of Capt. Gilbraith Falls and am also trying to locate info on Isabella Kerr. However, I was unable to locate her grave in this cemetery. Hope some of this info will be helpful to someone.

Posted: 1 Aug 2010 11:55PM GMT
Failed to mention in my last post that John Falls (1846)was the infant son of Edwin Falls (no tombstone found for him) and Ann Elizabeth Falls 1824-1853 (her tombstone WAS in this cemetery).

Posted: 14 Apr 2011 12:27AM GMT
I have seen two different records where Capt Falls was called Gilbreath Franklin Falls and another that said William Gilbreath Falls. It is very confusing, but I am just going with William Gilbreath as that is the one that is in most of the information I have found, Diana

Posted: 30 Sep 2011 1:49AM GMT
MY INFORMATION ON ISABELLA KERR IS THAT SHE MUST HAVE REMARRIED TO HUGH TORRENCE. SHE DIED ON FEB. 1, 1816 AT AGE 76. SHE IS BURIED IN HOPEWELL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH CEMETARY, HUNTERSVILLE, MECKLENBURG COUNTY, NC. I AM NOT SURE WHERE THIS INFO CAME FROM OR IF IT IS CORRECT. MAYBE IT WILL HELP YOU.

Posted: 30 Sep 2011 1:49AM GMT
MY INFORMATION ON ISABELLA KERR IS THAT SHE MUST HAVE REMARRIED TO HUGH TORRENCE. SHE DIED ON FEB. 1, 1816 AT AGE 76. SHE IS BURIED IN HOPEWELL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH CEMETARY, HUNTERSVILLE, MECKLENBURG COUNTY, NC. I AM NOT SURE WHERE THIS INFO CAME FROM OR IF IT IS CORRECT. MAYBE IT WILL HELP YOU.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic