Search for content in message boards

Samuel Gordon, PA

Samuel Gordon, PA

Mary Osborne (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2000 4:14PM GMT
Looking for Samuel Gordon and wife Elizabeth who lived in Franklin, PA in early 1800 daugh. Nancy Gordon b May 27, 1811

GORDON - Venango Co. PA

Posted: 6 Aug 2000 9:17PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2004 3:47AM GMT
Samuel and Elizabeth GORDON were my 3rd great-grandparents. Their daughter Nancy was the older sister of my ancestor, Andrew Jackson GORDON. I have that Nancy married Cpat. John SMITH. I'd love to trade what I have on the GORDONs for what you can tell me about John SMITH. Actually, if we're cousins, I'll share anyway!

Samuel Gordon

Bradley Barnett (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2001 5:18AM GMT
I am looking for Samuel Gordon,born 1783,married to an Elizabeth ..... Seeking country of origin;Scotland or N. Ireland?

Samuel Gordon

Posted: 22 Apr 2001 12:48PM GMT
I too am related to Samuel Gordon,born 1783,married to Elizabeth ..... Do we know whether "these" Gordon's are from Scotland or N. Ireland????

Samuel Gordon 1783

Lloyd & Linda (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2001 8:41PM GMT
No, we don't know where he's from. At least as far as I know. How are you descended from Samuel? My line is
Samuel & Elizabeth
Andrew Jackson and Mary Louisa (Foster)
Samuel Myron and Mary (Espy)
Harold Jackson and Madeleine (Connelly)
that's my grandparents

Samuel Gordon

Posted: 23 Apr 2001 3:26AM GMT
I am related to Samuel Gordon because his daughter Margaret married Robert Graham's son,Robert in 18??;I've got this information BUT it's not at my fingertips! Robert Graham is from County Derry,N. Ireland and I've assumed that given they're living in Pa,that it is probable that the Gordon's are from N. Ireland;that they're Scotch-Irish but we all have'The Gordon's of W. Pa.' piece that says the writer of that piece isn't sure whether they're from Scotland or N. Ireland;so I'm most curious!!!!

Re: Samuel Gordon

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 2:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gordon, Graham, Foster, Armstrong
No one has posted against this message in a while. I am just starting to use the internet for family research. I am a descentent of Robert Graham and Margaret Gordon thru son Robert and Catherine Foster Graham. I am in possession of the family Bible of Robert and Catherine which includes photos dated to the Civil War. The book "Gordons of Western PA" lists this family as unknown but I have many records for the children and grandchildren. I am willing to share information about this family.

Tbpee (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2006 5:58PM GMT
Surnames: Gordon, Mechling, Gorden, Peyton, Burgess, Henderson, Hammesfahr
I don't know of a Samuel Gordon, but I do see that you have the Armstrong family also included. Do you have anything on George Gordon and Elizabeth Hamisfere?

Posted: 29 Aug 2006 11:29PM GMT
The name Hamisfere does not appear in any of my records.

Posted: 24 Feb 2010 4:54PM GMT
Surnames: Gordon
I am searching for Samuel and Elizabeth Gordon data, Centre County to Venango County in the early 1800's. Elizabeth's maiden name?
any birth date? Childrens names.
My aunt, Jane (Robertson) Gordon married into this line. My cousin Scott Gordon, has the Gordons of Western PA book, but cannot get past the "unknown". He has some artifacts that nag him about Saml unceasingly. Thanks.

If you could help, I would be much obliged.

Gary Robertson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic