Search for content in message boards

John S McDonald and Parkman F. McDonald

John S McDonald and Parkman F. McDonald

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 9:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDonald
I am trying to find more of my McDonald family to connect it with McDonald family that came to IL from Kentucky. John Smith McDonald was the father of my grandfather Charles Weatherholt

Re: John S McDonald and Parkman F. McDonald

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 3:28AM GMT
well sweetie I was a mcdonald my dad was william dayton mcdonald his dad was william harland mcdonald his dad was james mcdonald born in 1827 died in 1910 and his dad before i think was george mcdonald an his dad before was james mcdonald born in 1758 in north carolina died in 1848, i know they came t scott county tenn from there and went every where spreading out. I am trying to find out some stuff my self as well, my email is yearlybet@yahoo.com

Posted: 2 Mar 2012 4:38PM GMT
I accidentally put in Charles Weatherhold instead of Charles McDonald. He was my Grandfather on my mother's side. He ended up in Grandtower, IL. I do know that John Smith McDonald was his father.

Posted: 8 Sep 2013 9:48PM GMT
John Smith McDonald is my great-great grandfather. He married Cynthia Jane Kelly and I am descended through their son James Vincent. John Smith McDonald is buried in the Needham Cumberland Presbyterian Church cemetery. Both he and Cynthia were founding members of the church. John's father was Batson McDonald who married Mercy Needham. I believe Batson was born in New York state and was the son of John McDonald/McDaniel. Both men leased land in Erie County New York that was part of the Holland Land purchase. When researching in Kentucky, always look for "McDaniel" as well--the two names were used interchangeably by the family until the late 1800s. I have pension papers for Batson that state that, although the name was spelled McDonald, it was pronounced McDaniel (this from 1870s). Hope this helps!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions