Search for content in message boards

Wilger Family of Washington County, WI

Wilger Family of Washington County, WI

Posted: 5 Apr 2007 2:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wilger
Is anyone familiar with this family? The fact that there are no other Wilgers is what one would guess means that the family moved to another area after Eli’s death in 1858. He was not in the 1850 Census, meaning that he most likely was a child. Only on Wilger family could be located in the vicinity, specifically Farmington. It is the most logical theory that this was his parents and siblings.

Peter Wilger was a farmer born in 1795 in Germany. He was married to a woman named Catherine (born 1799 in Germany) and had five known children by 1850, all born in Germany: Mathias (born in 1830), Peter (born in 1833), John (born in 1835), Nicholas (born in 1838), and Margaret (born in 1841). Peter purchased 80 acres of land in Section 34 of the Town of Farmington on September 11, 1846.

I would be happy to exchange information. Thanks!

Re: Wilger Family of Washington County, WI

Posted: 9 Apr 2007 12:45PM GMT
Please check out the following website for Wilger names:
http://www.washcowis.com/

Hope this helps.
Deb :)

Posted: 24 Aug 2008 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: Kuehn
This family still survives to this date. Peter Wilger had five children, one was named Nikolaus Wilger Born 5/14/1843 in Germany Probaly Kell, Germany. He married a Barabra Hens. He died in Grafton WI on 5/29/1911. Nikolaus and Barbara had 11 children one of which was named Nicholas born 1/21/1872 in Trenton, Washington Co. WI. Married Anna Kuehn on 4/22/1899. They had 13 children. He died on Mar 10/1928 in West Bend (Barton) WI. One of their children is still living, Clara. Her sister is my mother Marie Wilger and is one of Nicholas and Anna Children. We recently had a reunion and about 25 "relatives" attended. I be interested in finding out about what you know about the Wilgers, be happy to share with you.

Posted: 11 Dec 2008 3:27AM GMT
Surnames: Wilger
I'm very sorry for the delayed response!! Our group would love any photos or stories that you'd like to share. They'd never be used for profit. We're trying to centralize things so others can see the big picture about these early Wisconsin communities that were often centered around the "Yankee" Freewill Baptists.

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 3:42PM GMT
my father was leo john wilger jr. born in wisconsin and i am leo john wilger 3
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions