Search for content in message boards

Summers Cemetery

Summers Cemetery

Posted: 17 May 2002 12:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rumble
FYI

Summers Cemetery is holding its annual Homecoming on June 2, 2002.

Interested individuals should contact Carol Thorn at Cthorn5568@aol.com. She is also accepting any donations for the Summers Cemetery. Please send to Carol Thorn 15 Edna Gas Rd. Morgantown,WV 26501

Carol is attempting to sponser a memorial for the veterans in this cemetery and if interested you need to contact her asap.
later,
barbi

Re: Summers Cemetery

Posted: 17 May 2002 5:54AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2003 7:10AM GMT
Surnames: Jacobs, Williams, Stevens, Kisner, Robe, Phillips, Holland, Summers, McRae, Bryan, Matthew, Wilfong, Vandergrift, Petrich, McCarty,Davis, Bell, Snowden,Gwyn, Moran, Glover,Swisher and Rumble
Barb,
Thanks, the EMAIL ADDRESS is all small case , This Veterans Memorial will be great.
Carol
cthorn5568@aol.com

All the names listed below are Veterans in Summers Methodist Church Cemetery.
Carol Thorn

Posted: 17 May 2002 1:23PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2003 2:07PM GMT
Surnames: Rumble, Jenkins, Harden, Breakiron, Gans, Brashear
Barbara,

I am interested in your Rumble. My 3rd ggrandfather, Jacob Rumble, came to Fayette Co, PA after the Revolution. I am related thru his son, Henry Rumble. I am done some research on this family. Jacob is my DAR ancester. Which Rumble is buried in the Summers Cemetery?

Sally Smith

Posted: 18 May 2002 3:29AM GMT
There are 12 Rumbles buried in the Summers Cemetery.
It starts with Alexander Rumble b.1830-1914 Civil War Vet, Born in Smithfield, Fayette Co., PA
1st Wife: Rebecca Kinnison b.1837-1867 buried Summers
Cemetery.
2nd Wife: Elizabeth Margaret Summers b.1835-1920
buried Summers Cemetery
daughter of Jonathan and Catherine "May" Summers
We are having Homecoming at the Church, If you or any one that reads this is related to, or just would like to help put a Veterans Memorial there for the 38 Vets that lay in this little 1 acre Country Church Cemetery come on out.
June 2,2002 at 11am -4pm
Summers Methodist Church
Triune Community, Halleck Road
Monongalia Co., WV
Thanks, Carol

Posted: 18 May 2002 3:34AM GMT
Sally,
According to my findings that Henry is Alexander Rumbles brother.
Carol

Posted: 18 May 2002 3:55AM GMT
Thanks, Carol, for this info. This Alexander Rumble is the grandson of Henry Rumble. What is confusing is that there are two Jacob Rumble and Susan (Susannah) Gans. The 1st Jacob was born 1743 in Germany and died Oct 1824. He was buried on his farm in Fayette Co, PA. The second Jacob, son of Henry, Was born 1895 in Fayette Co, PA and died 1832. He is buried in Old Smithfield Cemetery in Fayette Co, PA. His stone was still standing about 5 years ago. I can give you more info or if anyone is interested in exchanging info I would be glad to help.

Sally Smith

Posted: 18 May 2002 3:58AM GMT
Carol, I forgot to say that the Gwyn in that cemetery may be Joseph Gwyn and Bathsheba Rumble. She is the sister to Alexander Rumble.

Sally Smith

Re: Jacob Rumble 1743

Tracy (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2002 2:21AM GMT
I was wondering if anyone knows where Jacob came from or anything about how he got to Fayette County. Thanks.

Posted: 18 Jun 2002 12:08AM GMT
Sally,
Thanks alot. Alexander Rumble is my 3rd Great Grand Father. Carol

Re: Rumbles

Posted: 18 Jun 2002 4:24AM GMT
Carol,

That makes us half cousins of some kind. We are from the 1st and 2nd wives of Henry Rumble. I have lots of info on Henry if you will send me your mailing address and send to sallys@citlink.net I would be glad to mail to you.

Do you have copy of story of Alexander Rumble from "Cyclopedia of Monongalia, Marion and Taylor Counties"?

Henry Rumble wasn't a very good person. He didn't pay taxes and was kicked out of church because of his bad ways. He divorced his first wife but don't know why.

Sally Smith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic