Search for content in message boards

Rains, McGeHee, Pierce

Rains, McGeHee, Pierce

Tiffany Rains Bell (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rains, McGeHee, Pierce
Hi! I am just beginning my journey into genealogy and am in need of a lot of help. My grandfather was Rolly Reese Rains b.11/28/1899 married Fred Beryl McGeHee b. 9/9/14. Rolly's parents were Isaac Douglas Rains b. 3/28/1854 and Theodocia Matilda Spiker or Spilcher b. 1/22/1858. This is as far back as I have been able to go. The family centered around Marthaville in Natchitoches and also in Sabine Parish. Beryl's parents were Russell McGeHee and Nancy Agens Pierce b. 9/8/1890.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 29 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2003 8:32PM GMT
Surnames: Rains
I show Isaac David Rains b 3-28-1854 d6-14-1934 buried Pisgah Cem. between Belmont & Marthsville, was married to Geneva Harrison Armstrong. Isaac David Rains' parents were John Jackson Rains and Martha Ann Whitlock. No idea who Rolly Reese Rains or others are.

Pierce family

Syble Marletta White Mahfouz (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT

My grandmother was Maude Richey Pierce who was married to Ben Pierce. They lived in Vernon parish and had several children. Those still alive want to learn more about Ben's family. If you recognize this name, please email.

Syble

Pierce

Debbie Weaver Davis (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pierce

My g granpa was Joe Pierce married to Lizzie Graham they lived in Chestnut, La and are buried at the Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Chestnut, La. I am looking for more info on Joe Pierce I can't locate any info other than he came from Crowville, La

Re: Rains

Barbara Draper (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2001 8:20PM GMT
Just read your message and was very interested. Martha and John Jackson (JJ) Rains were my grandmother's grandparents. I have some info from my ggrandmother down if you're researching Rains. Also found JJ/Martha Whitlock Rains on the Thomas Jackson tree through Genealogy.com. Do you have any other Rains info?

Re: Pierce family

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 1:46PM GMT
RE: The inquiry surrounding Maude Richey Pierce, married to Ben Pierce ~ they have a son buried in Welcome Cemetery, Simpson, Vernon, Louisiana ~ Wesley Pierce (1914-1933).

I suspect a child by the same of Crews, who is also buried in Welcome, may be related too. There is a note concerning this if you look into his memorial on Find a Grave. The Crews child, I believe, is connected through the Richey side of the family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic