Search for content in message boards

Searching for info. on grandparents of my husband

Posted: 1 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Mar 2002 4:10AM GMT
Surnames: Jaccuzzo
I can't tell you a lot about the Jaccuzo, but they are a good family. There are several still living in Houma. I went to school with a Kenny Jaccuzzo, that was a long time ago. I graduated in 1957.Following are names and addresses I find in the phone book. Houma, Terrebonne, LA that is.
1. A.B. @ 504 Katie Dr.
2. Angelo D @622 Plum St.
3. Emile @ 623 Academy St.
4. J.M. @ 230 Cedar St.
5. Jackie @ 1116 Short St.
6. R.J. @ 3042 Hwy 316 Gray, La. 70359
7. Randy @ 110 New Haven St.
8. Randy @ 228 Orville Village Dr. Bayou Blue, La. 70364.

You might write to them and get information. You might also The Terrebonne Parish Genealogy Association has a lot of information. They can be contacted at the North Houma Branch of the Terrebonne Parish Library. The address there is 4130 West Park Ave. Gray, La. 7059. I read of the Jacczzo and Catanese families in the books there and in the genealogy books of Father Hebert. The two families go back a long time in Houma-Terrebonne history. I knew Jimmy Jaccuzzo, who was an agent for the LA. Wildlife and Fisheries Commission. He is deceased now. Incidentally, all the addresses I gave you above, except those with a given ZIP code have the ZIP of 70360. I am at godfrey@cajun.net if I can help you with anything further. I am sure if you write to some of the addresses provided, you will find something that you are looking for. GJB.

Posted: 1 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2002 12:59AM GMT
My husband's grandfather was "Sam" Salvatore Jaccuzzo, and
his grandmother was Josephine Domenica Catanese - her father
was Salvatore Catanese and her mother was Concetta Gerami.
They lived in Houma,LA (Terrebonne Parish). He died in 1940
and she died in 1978. I have very little information to go
on, and would appreciate any help I can get.
Thank you.

Surname-Jaccuzzo

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Audrey,

Thanks so much for your response, and the information. I
hope to go to Baton Rouge soon to get copies. Now I feel
like I may be getting somewhere. Many, Many thanks......

Jean
Edited: 31 Oct 2001 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: JACUZZO
Sam JACUZZO died 21 May 1940 buried St. Francis de Sales Cem. Houma LA. Suggest you get his death certificate from Louisiana State Archives in Baton Rouge which should have his birthdate, birthplace, and parents. If you go in person you can make a copy for 25 cents; if you order it the cost is $10. They are open all week, on Saturdays, and Sunday afternoons. They have the death certs. through 1949.
Edited: 21 Mar 2002 4:10AM GMT
Surnames: Jaccusso
It is funny and a small world. Hi Kenny. Later, GJB.

Thank you so much for your response. How funny is this!!!
I am married to Kenny (Jimmy was my father-in-law). Kenny
and I have been married for 36 years, living in Lafayette,
LA. I have just started searching, and find that there is
not a whole lot of info. out there. Your response has been
very helpful and I'm hoping to get to Houma soon to visit
the Library. Kenny still has a sister living in Houma.
I will also try to get in touch with the Terrebonne Parish
Genealogy Assoc.

Thanks, and Kenny says HI!
Posted: 30 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2001 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: JACUZZO, CATANESE
Terrebonne Life Lines, Summer 1986, Vol. 5 No. 2 p. 41 & 52 has Petition and Naturalization of Jos. JACUZZO containing year of emigration, vessel, port of arrival (New Orleans), date of birth, etc.

Re: Searching for info. on grandparents of my husband

Posted: 16 Apr 2003 2:10AM GMT
Was Kenneth's mother an Ela Hebert? If so, do you have any information on that side. If Kenneth was in the military, this is probably the same family. I was married to a Bob Hebert who would have been his cousin and I am doing a family tree for my grandchildren. Bob's mother, Iris Robichaux, told me that Bob's grandfather was an Augustin Hebert and she thought his family was from around LaRose. His grandmother was a Leocadie Duplantis. Can you confirm and do you have any information past that? Another tip - Bob's father was named Robert (called Bob) with sisters named Belle and Jeanette, and brothers Eldon, Huey, and L.J.. The Jaccuzzo's Bob was related to lived in Houma on a street where the Mardi Gras parade used to pass. I have a picture of Bob's aunt but can't remember her name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions