Search for content in message boards

Mary Carew married Michael Mahoney/Mahony

Mary Carew married Michael Mahoney/Mahony

Posted: 26 Dec 2007 1:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CAREW
I am hoping that someone can help me regarding Mary Carew who married Michael Mahoney/Mahony. I cannot find a marriage for this couple in the State of Victoria in Australia. Nor can I find a birth for their son, there either. Their son was either registered as Thomas Francis Mahoney/Mahony or John Thomas Francis Mahoney/Mahony.

"John" claims he was born in the state of Victoria in Australia circa 1880 on his marriage certificate to Bertha Marie Radunz in Queensland in 1812 and also on the birth certificates of his children.

However, I have found the arrival in Victoria Australia in 1879, of a Michael 30 and Mary Mahoney 26 in July 1879 on board the "Ivanhoe", they had no children with them. I am hoping that SKS can help me with where would Michael and Mary come from? Would it have been Ireland, and if so, what County. Does anyone have a Mary Carew in their family. I would think that the names they gave their son, would connected with either the Mahoney or Carew family, that is John, Thomas and Francis.

Regards,
Janice
Belrose - Sydney
Australia

Re: Mary Carew married Michael Mahoney/Mahony

Posted: 28 Jan 2009 8:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jan 2009 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: carew, mahony
hello janice, ireland calling, i get the impression from your e-mail, re- ancestry.com that you are a little desperate, there were protestant carey-carew,mahoney families, in the south tipperary, north waterford, area of ireland, who were married to each other with the names you mentioned, most people make the mistake of not giving the religious denomination, of their ancestors, in ireland, we have catholic o'carys, anglicised carey, along with the anglo norman, carey-carews, they have no connection to each other, if you send me a reply, i will at least know which set of records to look at, either catholic or protestant, most irish families went out to australia from liverpool, in england, i know of one carey-carew, family who emigrated from south tipperary, doctor john carey, was ships doctor on the 3 month voyage, on board the columbine, he settled in n.s.w. in 1841, all the best from the auld sod, ben guiry, benguiryhistorian@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic