Search for content in message boards

Everetts in Georgia and Alabama

Everetts in Georgia and Alabama

Posted: 25 May 2000 6:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Mar 2010 12:41PM GMT
Surnames: Everett
I have a great deal of information regarding Everett families in Georgia and Alabama. Would love to exchange info.

EVERETT GEORGIA TO ALABAMA

Posted: 29 May 2000 7:10PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2010 12:41PM GMT
LESLIE ARE YOU GOING TO THE ANNUAL EVERETT FAMILY REUNION THIS YEAR IN JACKSON,ALA. IF YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IT CONTACT FRED EVERETT AT HOME;334-846-2217 OR WORK 334-846-2201 IT IS SUNDAY JULY 30. I'M GOING FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR, IN HOPES TO FIND MORE ABOUT MY GREAT GRANDFATHER LEMUEL PRUITT EVERETT,AND MAYBE WHERE HE IS BURIED IN ALABAMA. MY LINE IS NATHANIEL SR.,NATHANIEL JR., JOHN, JOSHIAH,JAMES J. LEMUEL PRUITT, LUTHER SMITH, AND MY FATHER LUTHER TALMAGE., I'VE ALSO ORDERED THE NEW BOOK FRED RECOMMENDED ON THE EVERETT'S BY TED EVAN LEWIS. HOPE TO MEET YOU THERE.
BEVERLY E. MCNEASE

Everett Georgia to Alabama

Posted: 30 May 2000 5:18PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2010 12:42PM GMT
Beverly,
I am not sure about that reunion. None of the names sound familiar. Have you ever been to the Everett reunion in Everett Springs, Georgia? It is the third Sunday in September and isnt far (West of Atlanta). These folks have lots of info and there is a great family cemetery there.

My father is William Eugene Everett
his dad is Arthur
grandpa is William
Great Grandpa is QUincy

We are from around Jackson county though (Maysville, Paint Rock etc. ) There must be a connection. Will call my dad.
THanks.

EVERETT / EVERITT GEORGIA TO ALABAMA

Posted: 2 Jun 2000 6:06PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2010 12:42PM GMT
LESLIE,
IN MY EVERETT LINE. IN THE ARCHIVES IN THE STATE LIBRARY OF NORTH CAROLINA,MRS ALVARETTA K. REGISTER,A CERTIFIED GENEALOGIST, FOUND THAT IN PIONEERS OF WIREGRASS GEORGIA THE SKETCHES OF TWO MEN WERE MISTAKENLY COMBINED. WHEN SHE INVESTIGATED SHE FOUND THREE MEN NAMED JOHN EVERETT AND A FOURTH MAN NAMED JEHU EVERITT. MOST HER PAPER CONCERNS JOHN EVERETT #1. HIS FATHER WAS NATHANIEL EVERITT. NATHANIEL MOVED FROM TYRELL COUNTY, NC TO EFFINGHAM AND BULLOCK COUNTY GA. JOHN EVERETT #2 WAS THE SON OF WILLIAM EVERETT OF MARTIN COUNTY, NC. JOHN DIED IN MARTIN COUNTY. JOHN EVERITT #3 WAS THE SON OF THOMAS EVERITT OF TYRELL COUNTY, NC,WHICH IS NOW WASHINGTON COUNTY. JOHN #3 MOVED TO BULLOCK COUNTY,GA. JEHU EVERITT #4 WAS THE SON OF NATHANIEL EVERETT, FROM TYRELL COUNTY,NC. JHEU EVERITT WAS #1 SON JOHN EVERITT'S BROTHER. JHEU MOVED TO EFFINGHAM COUNTY, THEN TO SCREVEN COUNTY, GA , THEN TO GLYNN CONTY, GA AND FINALLY TO TELFAIR COUNTY, GA WHERE HE DIED. JOHN EVERETT,NATHANIELS SON IS IN MY LINE. HE MARRIED SARAH FAGAN. AND THEIR SON JOSIAH AND
GRANDSON JAMES J. MOVED ON DOWN TO ALABAMA.
JOHN #2 MUST BE YOUR LINE?
BMC

Everett LIne

Posted: 3 Jun 2000 6:54AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2010 12:43PM GMT
Barbara,
Thanks for the info. I dont believe that John #2 is related either. The William Everett is farther up the line than that. The original brothers in Everett Springs were prior to that John I believe . But I will compare your information to my Dad's.
I am grateful for your response

Everett's of Everett Springs, GA

Posted: 13 Jun 2000 3:12PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2010 12:46PM GMT
Beverly,

Our line of Everett's are off the Everett lines of Everett Springs through Solomon Everett. We are his son James Everett, James Madison Everett, William Edward Everett, James Edward Everett and then my husband, Joe Mack Everett who has an identical twin Jimmie Edward Everett. I would like to correspond with you if you would like.
Marilyn Everett
Texas
Posted: 13 Jun 2000 5:52PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2010 12:47PM GMT
Surnames: Everett, Fagan
MARYLIN,
MY JAMES J EVERETT GRANDFATHER WAS THE SON OF JOSIAH EVERETT BORN 1776 DIED 1845, HIS FATHER WAS JOHN EVERETT BORN 1743 DIED 1820 HIS WIFE WAS SARSH FAGAN, JOHN'S FATHER WAS NATHANIEL JR. HIS FATHER NATHANIEL. AS FOR AS I KNOW I DON'T HAVE A SOLOMAN IN MY LINE. MAYBE YOU KNOW MORE THAN I DO. WHAT DO YOU THINK.
WAITING TO HERE
BMC

GA/AL Everetts

Craig A. Everett (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2000 9:10AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2010 12:48PM GMT
Beverly - I noticed in an earlier note your
mention of an Everett book by Ted Evan Lewis.
I wonder if you could let me now what areas
it covers and how to order it. I am descended
from one of Nathaniel's children, Thomas. Our
family went into Bulloch Co., GA then into
Lawrence Co., MS. I think they skipped AL. My
sister and I have a website with this data on
it
Thanks
Craig

I have family in alabama, and i live in GA!!

Josh Everett (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2000 8:36PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2010 12:49PM GMT
I have lots of family in Coleman,AL. i was wondering if you knew anything about any Everett's in that part? My gg Grandmother, Ostella Everett used to go to Everett Springs every year to that reunion, but now she is to weak to go anymore so im sure there are some connections, waiting to hear back any info would be great

JOSH

Re. Ihave family in Alabama

Posted: 26 Jun 2000 6:23AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2010 12:49PM GMT
Josh
I dont know any Everetts in Cullman (I believe you Mean Cullman and not Coleman, dont you?). However, if she went to the Everett Springs Reunion (third SUnday in September), we are definitely related. However my family branch that came to Alabama came to Jackson County. I dont know of any that went to Cullman. Doesnt mean much that I dont know it though.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions