Search for content in message boards

Hardy Henry Hancock

Hardy Henry Hancock

Posted: 7 Feb 2000 5:06PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2002 1:59AM GMT
Looking for information on parents and/or family of hardy Hancock. Hardy was born in 1818, in Tennessee. Married Irene Bolin. First two children were born in Alabama, then around 1855, he and family moved to Shelby County, Texas. I have heard his father was named Elec, but have found no one by that name anyehere. Hardy's parents were said to be from South Carolina.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Hardy Henry... could it be Henry Hardy Hancock?

Edward Hancock (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2000 7:31PM GMT
Hi.

I have a relative in my line named Henry Hardy Hancock. Born 8-30-1886
Died 4/28/1946. Married Florence Iva Hedgepeth.

Henry's father was George Washington Hancock. Mother was Matilda Dobson or Martha Dobson. George was the son of Isaiah Hancock and Frances Reece.

Hardy Henry/Henry Hardy Hancock

Posted: 10 Feb 2000 1:36PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2002 1:59AM GMT
Mine could be Henry Hardy, but he was born much earlier than what you have. Mine was born in 1818, I believe in Tennessee. Then lived in Alabama, then moved to Texas. I believe his original family was from around Marietta, Georgia.

Isaiah Hancock

Jean Hancock (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2000 9:08PM GMT
I only have bits and pieces but this Isaiah Hancock lived near Fayetteville, TN and was buried just outside there. B 1827. I think his wife was Martha but due to her age this could possibly be a second wife.

ISAAC P. HANCOCK

CAROLE HANCOCK FAVORS (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2000 10:32PM GMT
ISAAC HANCOCK WAS MARRIED TO MARTHA A. RUBY .THEY HAD A SON ANDREW FLETCHER HANCOCK
HE MARRIED NANCY JANE CATES. IF THIS THE ISAAC HANCOCK I AM RELATED TO HE HAD 7 CHILDREN. ONEOF THEM DOCK ROLLINS T. HANCOCK IS MY GGGRANDFATHER.

Isaiah and Martha

Edward Hancock (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2000 11:52AM GMT
Jean--

I don't know who Isaiah's second wife was, so I can not confirm or deny if this is my isaiah or not. However, can you confirm a son born to Martha and Isaiah in the year 1866, by the name of Jerry or Jerimiah? Middle initial was C. Could be Columbus, Collins or Cecil. No one really knows.

Anyway, if this is a match, you could have just made a very distraught fella (me) very happy! I've been searching for Isaiah's parents, second wife or any information on him....

If this is my isaiah, he would have been in Texas in the years 1899 to 1901. I know this for a fact because He applied for a civil war pension in Texas and was approved in 1901 while still living in Texas. After that or before that, I have NO idea where he lived, except that he lived in Texas in 1866 because that's where Jerry was born.....

Re: Hardy Henry/Henry Hardy Hancock

Bob (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2005 12:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Mar 2006 3:40AM GMT
Surnames: Hancock, Roberts, Miller
Your Hardy Harry Hancock was born 1817 SC He died April 14, 1871 in Alabama He married Elenore E. Roberts January 18, 1836 in Green County, Alabama. They had 10 children. You asked about James H. C. Hancock he was born 1845 in Alabama and was married to F. L. Miller July 9,1863 Jefferson
County, Alabama.
If you would like to share some additional information please contact me.

regards

Bob

Re: Hardy Henry/Henry Hardy Hancock

Jimmy Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2005 1:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Mar 2006 3:39AM GMT
Surnames: Hancock, Bolin
My Hardy Hancock migrated to east Texas in the early 1850's. He was married to Irene Bolin. They had two children that were born in Alabama, and then three more after arriving in Texas.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions