Search for content in message boards

Wisconsin Manleys

Wisconsin Manleys

Posted: 24 Jul 2000 9:10AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 2:55PM GMT
I am looking for information on the Manleys who came from Onondago County, New York. My gggrandfather William R. Manley was born there. He married Louisa Adams abt 1844 in Cayuga County, New York. They had 4 children that I know of. 1.James Orson, 2.Jason R., 3.Perry born WI. who married Ida Mae Johnson daughter of Randall L. Johnson and Lois ??. She had the following siblings Darius R., Roxanne and Fena and 4.Sarah Ann born in WI. I have found them in Outagamie County, WI.
I also found a H.H.and Elizabeth Manley on Manley Drive too. They had 6 children Oscar born NY., Orison born Ohio, Martha born Ohio, John born Ohio, Elnora born Ohio and Velma born WI. Don't know if this H.H. is relative.
Perry and Ida Mae moved to Marathon County, WI.
Any information would be appreciated.
Marlys Steckler
azarian1@tznet.com

Re: Wisconsin Manleys

Posted: 21 Dec 2001 7:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jul 2003 11:43AM GMT
Zenas Manley and wife Rachael, son Darius Manley [married Elizabeth Jane [nee Shutter] in 1864 in Monroe Cty, WI. Darius was married earlier to Mary Shutter, who died, they had one daughter -Lucy. Zenas and Rachael are buried in the Boynton Family cemetery [orginally on the Manley homestead. Zenas died in 1857 and was the first Manley buried there.
Darius and Eliza migrated to the Dakota Territories [now Western MN] Please contact me for more information.
Regards,
Connie

Ann Hogan (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2001 3:35PM GMT
I am very interested in you Wisconsin Manleys. Did they come from County Mayo? ahogan@infi.net

Karla Staudt (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2001 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: MANLEY
I have some information on Darius MANLEY and other Manley families of the area. I am leaving in 1 hour for Christmas holiday - please contact me after the New Year, I will be very interested in swapping information with you!

Connie Mickolajak (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2001 5:14PM GMT
They orginally came from PA and migrated to Monroe County in WI, Then some Darius [called Derius and David in some documents] migrated to the Dakota Territories and lived in a sod home. Later, I found him in a land deed filed in Benson cty in 1883. The children were around Bellingham area in Lac ...P....something. I will dig out my "stuff" after Christmas.
Regards,
Connie

Ann Hogan (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2001 5:23PM GMT
I look forward to what you send. The Manleys and all the other connected clans in my family emigrated from Mayo, landing in PA, some staying, most moving to Minnesota and I'm hot on the trail of some of the relatives in Wisconsin. Please e-mail me at ahogan@infi.net when you have time. Thanks.

Posted: 3 Aug 2002 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Manley
I am a descendant of Henry Manley and his parents were Zenas and Rachel Manley, please send more information on his family. Thank you. Treasa Iho

Connie Mickolajak (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2002 2:41AM GMT
Contact me at my email address cmickola@cpinternet.com
Rachel and Zenas are buried in the Boynton Family Cemetery in Monroe County Wisconsin. John, Henry's brother is buried in Greenfield Cemetery less than a mile west on HY 21. Darius moved to Lac Qui Parle, MN with his four children and an older daughter, Lucy. Later, in 1891, he moved to Roberts County, SD where his son Nathan lived, also his brother Andrew. Darius is buried there.

Posted: 17 Feb 2005 10:04PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2005 9:12PM GMT
I know this is an older posting, but I hope you see this. Is your Henry Manley married to Hanna Mack in Monroe County January 27,1866? They lived in Lincoln township 1870 census, and had 3 kids (that I know of) Elis?,Martila,&Stella.1867,1869,1872 respectively. I don't know what happened to the rest of the family, but according to the Clark Co. census for 1880 Stella was living with both/either Maternal grandparents Erastus&Mariah Mack or her sister Addie(Mack)&John Corzette.Hope to hear back soon!

Treasa Iho (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2005 6:08PM GMT
Wow, Scott. My daughter Carrie sent the original message before I had a computer. She forwarded your reply to me today. Yes, I am a descendant of Hannah Mack and Henry Manley, through their daughter Estella, and then through Estella's (married Stephen Hodges), daughter Mary. Thank you for the additional few bits I didn't have. I haven't been able to find when or where Estella died. After divorcing Stephen Hodges in 1902, she married Harry Merrill. Do you know anything more on her? Stephen committed adultery, and and that time, served a year in prison!!!!!!!! I have hit a dead end on Zenas and Rachel Manley though. Wish I could find out more about who Rachel was. Thank you very much, and I hope to hear from you again soon. Treasa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions