Search for content in message boards

Trying to locate a portion of important history

Trying to locate a portion of important history

Posted: 27 Oct 2002 4:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shriver, Barker
I am interested in learning more about my Dad's family. He was still living in 2000 in or around Cecil, Pa. His father was Clyde L. Shriver. His mother was Minnie Pearl Barker. His name is Thomas R. Shriver. Thank you for any help.

Re: Trying to locate a portion of important history

Posted: 18 Dec 2002 3:30AM GMT
Surnames: Shriver
I don't know as i can help you any...I may have some history for you ????it may be part of the same history that I seek to get filled out .My GGrandpa moved to Mo. from Canton , Ohio. Prior to that his history is rather dim..supposedly he came from the Boston area,down into the Pa. area and was in West Va some also prior to Canton../..he was a deaf mute but was exstreamly and highly educated and read lips and wrote in old english script and he became quite legendary here in the hills for having the answer to most any problem....he had 3 brothers and 1 sister move here with him...2 brothers and his sister all died or were killed in accidents and the third brother returned to the Boston area....perhaps your Father is a part of the same unknown's that my Ggpa sprung from...I will find out ....I know that the brother that returned to Boston is the GGpa of Robert Sargent Shriver (Ran for Vice Pres. W/Mcgovern) Thus far No one seems to know Whom the parents of these children were . I have found many transcripts of Shrivers in W.Va. and Pa. and also in Ohio .....but none with the names that are familur to me ......Your Fathers name ....Thomas R. Shriver....Now that is a VERY VERY familur name and I would bet the R is for Ralph...My Gpa was Author Thomas ....My father was Author Ralph ....and have had 2 cousins named Thomas Ralph.....both thomas and Ralph and used a lot and the brothers that came with my GGrandpa...Was Thomas....Ralph.... and Harvey ...the sister Was Elizebeth .......by the way the brother that went back to boston.....was Thomas....Hope this has been informative and helpful to you ...if you run into lanything you think may help me on my quest please send it my way thanks Ron

Helen Shriver (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2002 3:33AM GMT
Thank you for the information, Ronald. I have found out that the R. in my dad's name stands for Ross. It will be after the first of the year before I can persue my search again. Christmas is a busy time for retailers even though the economy is said to be in a slump right now. Do not be surprised if I contact you later. Have a great Holiday Season!! Helen

edgar shriver (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2003 1:39AM GMT
I am descended from the canton ohio shrivers and know the entire geneology of that line. They are all derived from four brothers from Sleepy creek VA (now morgan Co WV) prior to that they were in MD. Original ancestor was Lorentz (Laurance) shriver who with son Jacb entered port of Annapolis 1732. This branch is not related to sergeant shriver in this country but probably in germany. i know names of shrivers who went to IN. I assume their children moved to MO. If you care to get in touch with me i will be happy to give you what is relevant to your line. There are no shrivers from Canton that i DO NOT HAVE RECORDS ON. edgar shriver

Posted: 11 Jan 2003 2:23AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2003 3:43AM GMT
Sir; Mr Edgar Shriver !! I am very deeply interested in finding out all I can about the Shrivers from Canton , Ohio . My GreatGrandfather Was born there I have found out since I first posted a query on this board...His name was William Shriver he was born on 10/14/1869 in Canton, Ohio. known siblings are Harvey, Paul, and Elizabeth....all further information you can give me will be greatly appreaciated...and since you to are a decendent of these Shrivers I beleive that would make us Family...And there are a Great many of us that came from The marriage of William here in Missouri....you may respond directly to me at ronaldshriver@msn.com and thank you very much and I look foward to getting to know you better !!!!

Posted: 30 Jun 2004 3:24PM GMT
Surnames: Shriver Welfley Bachtel Rowland
Hello Ronald Shriver and Hi Edgar, this is Katherine Shriver Tucker. I am researching our Shriver line.

Edgar Shriver (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2004 6:27PM GMT
Ronald and I have had a long series of interactions on our relationship and have it pretty well worked out. It is in my Family Tree file. Do you have the software for me to send the file? Dad

Toni Shimek (Shirver) (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2006 7:33PM GMT
Hi, my name is Toni Shriver Shimek and I am in search for information on my line of family. My Grandparents both lived in Michigan at the time of their deaths. Their names are Charles Albert Shriver and Mabel Shriver.Mabel passed away in Nov. 1981. I'm not sure about Charles. They had a son named George Albert Shriver, my father. He passed away in California in Oct. 1979. Any information you come across that might help me, I would appreciate. Thank you.

Posted: 13 Jul 2007 8:42PM GMT
I know this an old post but I have Shriver family that lived in Fulton County, IN. My believe that my great grandfather was James Wilson Shriver.

James Iwlson Shriver

Posted: 14 Jul 2007 9:10PM GMT
Surnames: shriver
Mary, My Shrivers started in PA and went to West Virginia but branches could have done to Indiana.

I'll look further but need to know when he was born and when he died. Who were his children and wife and their birthdays? Also grandchildren? Since the 1930 and prior census records are available with this information you can learn a lot.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions