Search for content in message boards

LDS library in Australia

LDS library in Australia

Posted: 22 Feb 2007 12:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi I just wanted to ask a few questions about the LDS Centres. Do you have to be a member of the religion to access the centres? Do all of the centres have collection access? Which is the best centre in Brisbane for information?
Thank you,
Michelle

Re: LDS library in Australia

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 2:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

No, you don't need to be a member of the LDS church to access their records or use their facilities at the FHC. They will have mixrofilm and microfiche readers and sone cebtres even have printers. Best to take tiur camera if you'd like a copy. The FHCs are all staffed by volunteers and they are very helpful and friendly. You'll need to order your films beforehand and they will email you once your film has arrived (I'm in Australia too and they take around a month or so to arrive after ordering microfilms online).

There are several FHCs in Brisbane - go to their website and work out which one is closest to you (sorry, I'm a long way from Brisbane so can't answer which is the best!) : https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator?c=City&...

Good luck with your research!

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions