Search for content in message boards

Thomas Bell b. 1813

Thomas Bell b. 1813

Posted: 20 Oct 2002 1:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Dec 2002 7:49AM GMT
Surnames: BELL, ROBERSON, QUAID, BOATRIGHT
Thomas T. BELL b. 1813 TN d. 1860 m. Mary B. HOLLAND b. 1814 GA . Tom and Mary's children: Martha b. 1842 GA (m. B. QUAID), Jeffie R. b. 1846 AL (m. E. BOATRIGHT), Mary T. b. 1849 TX, Margaret Amanda b. 1853 TX m. Samuel ROBERSON), Victoria Amanda b. 1855 TX, Louisiana Antoinette b. 1857 TX. This family is located in the 1860 Rusk Co, Census, the last entry for Beat 14 ended June 29, 1860. Thomas died November of the same year. Looking to share info. Thanks

Re: Thomas Bell b. 1813

Jeffie Williamson Butler (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2003 2:32PM GMT
I saw you had a Jeffie R in your family married a Boatright.
Since my name is Jeffie Lou I'm wondering if you know where the name came from. My grandmother named me in 1936,she said it was after her best friend, she lived in New Salem,Rusk Co
I have often wondered where it came from.
Jeffie Butler jeffieb@hal-pc.org
THANKS

Re: Thomas Bell b. 1813

Janice Lahew (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2003 11:50AM GMT
Surnames: BELL
My Bell line originally came from Virginia (Augusta Co.), later moving to TN. The earliest Jeff I have is a Thomas Jefferson Bell b. 1785 Knox Co., TN. His son, Thomas Tillery Bell is the father of my Jeffery "Jeffie" R. Bell (who married Elephare Boatwright). "Jeffie" was his nickname. Jeffery was born in TN and was married twice. First to the Boatwright, and then to a Myers. With his second wife, the name Jeffery continues with his son, Jeffie Jr. However, Jeffie Jr and his wife (Beulah Jones) didn't have children of their own (but raise numerous family member's children). Now there are other Jefferson's (as a middle name) in this family as well, and most migrated to Texas together, or came later. It is very possible that your grandmother's best friend "Jeffie" was a member of my Bell line. When was your grandmother born? Did she grow up in New Salem or move there from somewhere else? Would love to narrow this down and figure out which Bell in my family was your grandmother's best friend!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions