Search for content in message boards

Looking for parents of Samuel Campell and his wife Ann Sink

Looking for parents of Samuel Campell and his wife Ann Sink

Posted: 5 Jul 2012 4:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
I am searching for the parents of Samuel Campbell, born between 1813-15, in Franklin County. He married Ann Sink [born abt.1823] on Oct.6,1845 in Franklin Co.. I think he died between 1866 and 1870, also in Franklin Co.. Ann is on the 1870 census as head of household and has a 4 year old son, this is why I think he died in those years. I cannot find which Campbell family he came from. I looked on the 1840 census and the only Campbell in Franklin County who had a male his age was Lucy Ann Campbell. I believe she was the wife of Peter Campbell. Does anyone know if Peter Campbell had a son named Samuel? Samuel and Ann's first son was named John, the second was named Thomas. I noticed there was both a John and Thomas Campbell on the 1840 census, but they had no males the age of Samuel listed.
I am also trying to find Ann Sink's parents. I seen a tree, on Ancestry, that had her father as Jonathon Sink. Can anyone confirm this? I just would like to be sure of their parents.
Thank you,
Jesse

p.s.
I'm not related. I am doing a family history for a friend of mine and this is his family.

Re: Looking for parents of Samuel Campell and his wife Ann Sink

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 2:04AM GMT
I'm descended from a Samuel Campbell in Franklin County, but he was born about 1854 and married Eliza Perdue. I don't have definite information on his parents, but have a theory that his parents were John Campbell and Nancy Dunn. In 1860 Peter (7 yrs old) and Susan A Campbell (10 yrs old) were living with Dieherson (or Dickerson) Dunn. There's a Franklin marriage record for a John Campbell and Nancy Dunn in 1849. There's another marriage record for Samuel Hodges and Ann Campbell, daughter of John and Nancy Campbell. My Samuel Campbell had the middle initial P and named his first son Peter William Campbell.
Keith

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 3:09PM GMT
Hello Keith,
Samuel and Anna also had a daughter named Susan B. Campbell, born in 1859. But this is why I'm thinking that Jonathon Sink may be Anna's father, because his wife was Susanah Altick. I also went to the 1870 census and seen your Samuel was living with a John and Liddia Beheler, both 74 years old. I looked up the Elizabeth Dunn he was living with in 1860 and her and her daughter, Martha, were living in the poor house in 1870. I tried looking up the Dunn's on the 1850 census, but could not find them. I also couldn't locate a John and Nancy Campbell on the 1850 census. I did see a John Campbell, but he was still with his parents, just 16 years old. Sounds like there could be a connection between your Campbells and Peter Campbell. I'm not sure I haven't researched Peter's line, I just seen that he married a Lucy in 1809 and was wondering if this could be the parents of the Samuel that I'm researching. If I run across anything that may pertain to your Samuel, I will let you know.
Thanks,
Jesse

Posted: 7 Jul 2012 3:14AM GMT
Send $1 and a SASE to :
Clerk of the Circuit Court
Franklin County Courthouse
275 South Main Street
Rocky Mount, Va 24151 and request the marriage certificate of Samuel Campbell and Ann Sink married on Oct.6, 1845. It USUALLY contains the names of the parents.
It is pretty cheap and they are pretty fast, about 3 weeks. I do it all the time and good luck!
Shelley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions