Search for content in message boards

Butler Family

Butler Family

Connie Luttrell Hargroder (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2002 3:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Butler, Hill
My greatgrandfather, Thomas Marion Butler, was born in Caldwell Parish on September 20, 1857 and died in August 1933 in LaSalle Parish. His parents were Jessie J. and Nancy Hill Butler. That is all that I know of them. Any information will be much appreciated.
Thank you

Re: Butler Family

Posted: 28 Mar 2002 9:01PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2002 3:01PM GMT
Surnames: Butler
I am related to the same Butler family. My relation is through Jesse James' brother Jabez William Butler, married to Mary E Spillman. I have alot onthese families, please contact me by by e-mail address and I will be glad to help with the info. I have. Jo Lynn Gore

Robbie Landry (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2002 3:20PM GMT
Hi,
Do you know if your Butler had a son of family member named Marion Butler b. ca 1876-9 born in Tennessee.
he married Sara Ida Milam b. 1879 she may have been married before to Alfred James Stockham.

Issue : Mary Francis Butler b. 1910
Thomas b. ca 1908

I know nothing else about Marion Butler.
Thanks,
Robbie

Posted: 29 Mar 2002 9:19PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2002 3:01PM GMT
I'm sorry, I do not have a Mary Francis Butler at that date of birth, or a Marion Butler at that date of birth. Wish I could have been more help.

Connie Luttrell Hargroder (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2002 11:40AM GMT
Surnames: Butler, Luttrell
I would love to contact you by e-mail.....but I don't have your e-mail address. Mine is: hargrode@cfw.com
Connie

Cheryl Butler (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2002 10:33PM GMT
I am related to:
James /Mary Beckwith
William Aaron /Fanny Poindexter
John / Jency Heard
Jesse J. / Nancy HIll
Samuel Houston / Fannie Essie Howell
Milton Harold / Catherine Ethel Bradley
Robert Milton/ Nancy Smith

My grandmother wrote in her genelogy information that Dr. Thos. Marion born in 1857 . He would be my great grandfathers brother . The only information i have is that he was a doctor.
I am interested in finding information about Jesse J. Butler born oct.1 ,1823. Especially any personal letters , photos , and/or family stories.
I read in a book in the libary (?Columbia?) that John Butler , born in Hancock Co, Ga. ; was in Amite co, Miss when he had a dispute with and killed his nephew. Basically he escaped and settled in Caldwell Parish. I would like more information about this such as , who did he kill? who was the judge in nachez? was there any newpaper articals about this?

Posted: 14 Sep 2002 10:48PM GMT
if anyone has information about the Butler Family you can reach me via email : memawburns@hotmail.com

Connie Hargroder (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2002 8:22PM GMT
My grandmother's maiden name was Butler. Her name was Irma Helen Butler Luttrell and she lived in Jena, LA in LaSalle Parish. I realize that isn't Caldwell Parish, however, her father Dr. Thomas Marion Butler was originally from Caldwell Parish. I don't have a lot of information on the Butlers, but you are welcome to what I have. Let me know.
Connie Hargroder
hargrode@cfw.com

Posted: 18 Sep 2002 9:22PM GMT
I show Dr. Thomas Marion Butler ( Born 1857) to be the son of Jesse James Butler and Namcy Hill. Thomas Marion was a brother to my G Grandfater Samuel Houston Butler (born 1862). Have you been to this web site , it is wonderful. http://www.mindspring.com/~butlerlj/genehome/people.htm

Connie Hargroder (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2002 3:32PM GMT
I was so glad to hear from you. We are related by the very same Thomas Marion Butler. You might find the following interesting:
Headline: Dr. Butler Suffers Stroke Last Friday and is Very Sick
The condition of Dr. T.M. Butler, of Trout, who suffered a stroke resembling paralysis last Friday evening, is said to be unchanged at the time of going to press. Much fear has been expressed for Dr. Butler's recovery and his many friends throughout this section are expressing sincere sympathy.
The doctor, who is 76 years of age, has been a resident of this section practically his entire life and has practiced medicine at Trout for a number of years. He was actively engaged in his work until the time of suffering the stroke which occured at 7pm Friday.
All of the children are at his bedside, Miss Katie Butler having traveled by airplane from the Chicago Fair upon learning of his serious illness.

I'll be checking out that website soon.
Connie Hargroder
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions