Search for content in message boards

Prince George's Co. Genealogical Society Lookup please?

Prince George's Co. Genealogical Society Lookup please?

Adrienne (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2002 6:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore
Hi ,
I found an index showing James Moore Family Records at the Prince George County Genealogical Society at the Rainwater-Miles Reseach Center in Bowie Maryland. I think there are 2 files one is mentioned under a ACCE# 2256 James Moore of Prince George's Co Maryland 2nd edition, the other under ACCE# 1375 James Moore 1646-1735, Alexander Moore-The first 38 years. If someone goes their on a regular basis and could spare the time---I would be happy to pay for copies, etc and would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you,
Adrienne
Valdez, Alaska

Re: Prince George's Co. Genealogical Society Lookup please?

barbara downard (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2002 8:00PM GMT
i am looking for info on thomas downard married to johanna cooke 2-2-1578 at indian creek.john downard married to margRETE TUCKER ABT.1600. JOHN DIED AT BRIDGEPORT,MD1664.WILLIAm downard born 1614bristol plantation,md. married to marion or mary martin in1625.william downard married mary doyle 10-4-1665. these are all foreparents of mine. i am looking for who their children were. clifford downard

Posted: 13 Jul 2004 4:54PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2006 4:34AM GMT
Surnames: RINEY, RANEY, CARRICO, CISSELL, O'BRIEN, SUMMERS, TEWELL, MCCORD
Adrienne,
Valdez has to be a coupla miles from MD, huh?
Are you descendent of Alexander MOORE b. PG, MD
who married Nancy (CURTSINGER) ?
He d. 1874 and is buried in Bardstown, KY.

Posted: 17 Jul 2004 1:02PM GMT
Adrienne,
Contact the Society online at pghisory.org and they will do the copies for you. I have spoken with Susan Pearl, the librarian, several times and she is wonderfully helpful.
Kelle Lynch

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 7:35PM GMT
We have an Alexander Cleyland MOORE b 3 apr 1763 Pr Georges Co, MD, he died in Washington DC aft 1835. His parents were Peter MOORE, Jr & Esther SOPER. They only had 2 children Alex & Asa Robert MOORE.
Is your Alexander MOORE b c 1753 parents: John & Elizabeth MOORE, her father was Benjamin MOORE.

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, O'Brien, Summers, White, Riney, Raney, Curtsinger, Weathers, Crooks, Tewell, O'Neal, Holland, Beck, Johnson
Hello FDHMoore, If you are asking me about MOORE's, here is what I have:
In Mom's family, my gggg grandparents may have been Peter O'Brien, married to Elizabeth MOORE. One of their daughters Susan (O'Brien Summers) White was my ancestor.
Also in my maternal line, my ggg grandparents, Jeremiah Riney Raney born in MD, married, circa 1799, to Mary Joan Polly Sheehan MOORE in Washington Co, KY, widow of Alexander MOORE.
I don't have a lot of info on the MOORE's, but Alexander and Polly may have had these 3 children,
Alexander MOORE m. Nancy Curtsinger
Juliet MOORE
Martha MOORE m. Weathers
Please let me know if you have more info on my MOORE's.

Jeremiah Riney Raney and Polly (MOORE) had these 6 children:
Elizabeth Hester (Raney) m. James Andrew Crooks
Sarah Ann Matilda (Raney) m. Charles Tewell
John Felix Raney m. Mary (O’Neal)
my gg grandparents James Virgil Raney m. Mary Helen (Holland)
Jonathan Raney m. Patsy (Beck)
and the may have had, Anne (Riney Raney) m. Julius Johnson
Thank you, Marilyn Gappa

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 7:14PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Thomas
I will have to go thru my KY info. The name CURTSINGER sure rang a bell. My husbands' ancestor Asa Robert MOORE married in Pr Geo co, MD 1791 to Elizabeth THOMAS. They were in Washington Co, KY for the 1795 Tax - 1810. So We did a lot of research in Washington & Hardin Cos, KY. I think your Alex MOORE was a cousin of Asa.

Please write me directly --I think it would be easier.I will send you all sorts of stuff! Florence fdmoore38@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions