Search for content in message boards

Skinner

Posted: 24 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Sep 2001 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: SKINNER
Looking for birth place and exate date and marriage place and date for Richard Alexander Skinner. He was born around 1746. He married Addah Vanedventer around 1764. He died around 1808 in Loudoun Co. Va. His father was Cornelius Skinner.
Posted: 3 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Skinner, Morris, Blair
That is the same Richard Skinner, any information appreciated.

RE: Richard Skinner

Randy Adams (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SKINNER
Mac,

I am new at this but I am a direct descendent of Richard Alexander Skinner. According to an incomplete 1953 Pedigree chart in poseesion of my grandmother, Richard Alexander Skinner, son of Cornelius was born in 1730 in New Jersey. He married Adeline (Adah) Van Deventer in about 1762. There was a note on the chart indicating that both are burried at Aldie, VA (Loudoun County). The chart indicated that Cornelius Skinner (b. 1706) lived near Woodbridge (Middelsex County), NJ and was married in 1728. Cornelius moved to VA in about 1772. If this is the same Richard Alexander Skinner you might try Middelsex County, NJ for birth records. I will contact my great Aunt in VA ((she is a Skinner and she does geneologies) to see if she has more info.) I hope this helps.

Richard Skinner

Posted: 11 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2006 6:11PM GMT
Surnames: Skinner, Vandeventer, McMakin, Taylor
Hi Mac and Randy,
I too am a descendant of Richard & Adelaide.
They had a son named Cornelius who m. Sara McMakin.
Cornelius and Sarah had a dau. Elizabeth
Elizabeth m. Joshua Taylor and they had 4 children, one of which was Richard S. Taylor who was my gg grandfather.
I have same info pretty much as Randy wrote.
Would like to know if either of you know anything about Cornelius and Sara - our family record says they had an Inn I believe in Leesburg, Loudoun Co., VA. Cornelius died in Loudoun Co., VA but Sara who was born in VA came to Ohio, and died here in Warren Co., OH.

And/Or, if either of you know anything at all about Joshua (or, I have seen him referred to as Joseph) Taylor who m. Elizabeth. I would appreciate ANY info, particularily any lead on who his parents might be ... he died when kids were very young but I don't know where or how. (sometime probably between 1818-1825)

Elizabeth came to Ohio about 1820...along with alot of other family members and settled on the land of her father, Cornelius Skinner here in Warren Co., OH. She re-married sometime later (have date but not with me-I think abt 1834) to Absolom Newkirk. They married here in Warren Co. and Elizabeth was called widow of Joshua Taylor when she married Absolom.

Happy to share what I have on Ohio folks.
Hope to hear from you.
Best regards,
Patti Graman
Posted: 13 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Morris, Blair
Sorry, nothing on this.

Morris & Fouch

Robert Morris Hinton (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Morris, Fouch
Looking for more information on the following couple that were married here in Loudon County, Va. Thanks for any help on this matter.

Morris, Thomas married Fouch, Catherine 27 Oct 1815

Robert Morris Hinton

Re: Skinner Family - Early Loudoun Family

Posted: 6 Oct 2006 11:59AM GMT
Surnames: Skinner, Vandeventer.
Has anyone found burial place of Richard A. and Addah yet ?
Or son, Cornelius (d. 1814) in Leesburg, whose family came to OH ?

Anyone know about Inn Cornelius and Sarah McMakin Skinner had in Leesburg? Cornelius d. 1814, so it would be very early....

Hoping to connect with other descendants!

Re: RE: Richard Skinner

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 7:58PM GMT
I saw your posting concerning Richard Skinner of Loudoun Co, VA. You mentioned your grandmother did genealogy. I am looking for information on Elijah Skinner from Loudoun Co, VA. Some say that he was the son of Phineas Skinner.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions