Search for content in message boards

Chinn Genealogy, Cornwall

Chinn Genealogy, Cornwall

Matthew Curtis Chinn (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chinn
Hello,

I've just discovered this site. Anyone interested in Chinn family history from Cornwall? Our branch is still here (mostly).

Matthew Curtis Chinn

Re: Chinn Genealogy, Cornwall

Posted: 17 Feb 2004 8:41PM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2004 5:39PM GMT
I am helping my sister in-law Jeanette[ Chinn ] Langman trace her Cornwall Chinn family. They were from Mawnansmith, near St. Keverne and Falsmouth area. Her father Wm. was born in Wisconson July 14th, 1915., his father James Harold Chinn was born June 12th, 1891 Near St Keverne Cornwall. He had a sister Honour Maude Chinn who had two children Phylis and Maurice Simpson. James Harold Chinn's father was William Chinn and not anything is known about him. He would be from Cornwall. Could you help us at all. I will look forward to your reply Lena Gilchrist

Posted: 14 Oct 2006 5:03AM GMT
Hoping you are still at the same email address...I have a Barzillia Thomas Chinn married to Merilla Sired 1882, in Ontario, Canada. Barzillia was born Helston County of Cornwall in 1846. His parents were James and Argent Chinn. I've located him in Wendron in the 1851 & 1861 census in Wendron (actually listed as Ching but later listed as Chinn). He was a miner. Any idea if these Chinns are in your tree?

Posted: 7 Jan 2007 5:03AM GMT
My ancestors were from Cornwall and came to Michigan in the early 1900's. My email is plainjane55@hotmail.com.

Posted: 26 Feb 2007 5:58AM GMT
Barzillai Thomas CHING (aka CHINN) is in my family tree. (His baptismal name was spelled Barzillai.) He was the brother of my great grandmother, Argent Perry CHING, who married Richard MATTHEWS in the Wendron parish church, Cornwall, on Christmas Day 1859.

Trevor Matthews
Sydney Australia

Posted: 24 Oct 2007 5:39PM GMT
Surnames: Chinn. O'Brien
Yes I am interested.
My connection is:-
Margaret O'Brien married Philip Chinn (Tin Miner) in Camborne in 1876
His father was Michael Chinn and his mother was called Alice.
Philip and Margaret had several children born in Camborne.
I believe they emigrated to America but I have no eveidence of this - I would love to know more.

Posted: 9 Jan 2008 8:57PM GMT
Bennboy- I also have a connection to Margaret O'Brien and Philip Chinn Yes his fater and mother were Michael and Alice. Philip and Margaret had children Arthur Dan Charlie Pat Kate Ronnie(?) Charlie was my grandfather.
Robyn

Posted: 10 Nov 2008 8:24AM GMT
Hi
I am trying to make some connections to the Chinn branch of my tree...
My grandmother, Elizabeth-Ann Chinn was born in late 1901 (her birth was only registered in 1902) in Newcastle upon Tyne. Her parents were George Chinn and Gertrude Hambly. Both were originally from Cornwall, but I am having difficulty placing them definitively, I believe that Gertrude Hambly was born in Menheniot, Liskeard and that George Chinn was from the Looe area... Can anyone help, please?

George and Gertrude moved to South Africa before World War One...
Regards
Dickon

Posted: 17 Oct 2010 3:58AM GMT
Hello Curtis

I'm trying to find information on William Henry Chinn, My great, great grandfather, born 1831 (I think) in Cormwall, U.K. I'm new to this site today, so I'm unsure how to go
about this as yet. Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated. I believe he married Susan Elizabeth Fox, (born 1836 in Devonshire, U.K.) on 4 April 1853. You can email me on sspear@ozonline.com.au if you wish.

Kind regards
Shirley Spear

Posted: 1 Nov 2011 1:04AM GMT
Surnames: Cornwell
My great grandfather x8 Thomas Chinn married Elizabeth Dunn and had a daughter Elizbeth Chinn born 1690 Cornwell, eight generations later my surname is Eva....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic