Search for content in message boards

William Hutchison of NC.

William Hutchison of NC.

Julie Lusby (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchison, Williams
I am loking for information on William Hutchison who was born abt. 1793 in North Carolina. His parents' names are not known to me. William's father was born abt. 1767 in NC. His mother was a Cherokee Indian and was born abt. 1771 in NC. William married Jane Williams who was born abt. 1804 in SC. I would like to find out more information about his parents and his children, particularly his son, James T. (1834-1924). Thanks!

Hutcheison's

Sharon Karger (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hutcheison, Greathouse, Thompson, Hutchison, Hutchieson
I would be most grateful for any information you have and are willing to share.

My email is skkarger@aol.com.

Thanks!

Sharon

Wm. Hutchison & Cherokee Indian's Grandchildren

Julie Lusby (View posts)
Surnames: Hutchison
Sharon, this is what has been found by my sister-in-law. Wm. Hutchison (born 1767 NC.) and his wife, a Cherokee Indian (born 1771 NC.), had one son, William, Jr. Hutchison (7/9/1799 NC.-11/14/1864).
William, Jr. married Jane Williams (born abt. 1806 NC.)
Wm. Jr. and Jane Hutchison's children are:
William Sanford Hutchison (1826 TN.-1905 IL.)
Johnson L. Hutchison (1828 TN.-1907 IL.)
James T. Hutchison (9/14/1834 TN.-3/23/1924 IL.)
Priscilla Hutchison (Bet. 1838-1839 TN.)
Susan Piety Hutchison (2/7/1839 TN.-6/26/1919 IL.)
Henry H. Hutchison (abt. 1840 TN.-1925)
Margaret Lockey Hutchison (bet. 1842-1843 TN.-11/12/1928)
Monackey P. Hutchison (bet. 1844-1845 TN.)
Hook Hutchison (abt. 1846)
Wincey Jane Huthcison (1/25/1831 TN.-1/17/1887 IL.)
I have additional information regarding the children. If you are interested, I will send you my Hutchison file. The majority of the information was taken from familysearch.com and the Jefferson County, Illinois GenWeb site. jl

Hutcheison

Sharon Karger (View posts)
Surnames: Hutcheison, Greathouse, Thompson
Julie, would you share the names of the siblings of James T. Hutchison (1834-1924) whose parents are William and Jane Williams. Also, do you have any more information on the grandmother who was Cherokee?

Thanks!
Posted: 6 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2002 7:49AM GMT
Surnames: Hutchison, Burns
Hello!!
Wondering if you know if William Jr. had a sister named Mary???
The Mary I am looking for married William Burns in about 1829 or so in Tazewell Co.,Mo. and they also lived in Kentucky and then in 1840 he and their four sons showed up in Missouri but w/o Mary.

William Hutchison, Jr. & Siblings

Julie Lusby (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hi! I only show one child for William and the Cherokee Indian. That child is William Jr. That doesn't mean that Mary wasn't his sister though. My sister-in-law and I have only "stubbled" across William, Jr. I would like to compare notes. They might be related and your information could help fill in some of the blanks. Please email me if you are interested in exchanging information. Thanks for your response. Julie

William Hutchison Jr.'s Possible Sister, Mary

Julie Lusby (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hi Pat. I am going to send this information to my sister-in-law. She might have found something regarding siblings to William Hutchison, Jr., but doesn't know how it relates. I am going to do some research and see if I can find any info. also. I would like to compare information. Can you send me your information through my email address? I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your help and interest. I hope we can help fill in each other's blanks. Julie Lusby
Posted: 8 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2002 7:49AM GMT
Surnames: Hutchison, Burns
Hello,Julie.
Well,I am looking for the Mary Hutchison/Hutchinson who married William John Burns/Burnes in about 1829 or so,maybe in Illinois. They lived in Tazewell County Illinois and also Grant County Ky and in 1835 left Lexington Ky. In 1840 he and their four sons showed up in Mo.,but w/o Mary.
I am hoping to find Mary's Hutchison family,as maybe there will be someone who recognizes her. Thanx for any help!!!!

Re: Wm. Hutchison & Cherokee Indian's Grandchildren

Posted: 20 Aug 2001 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: Barefoot(Mary)
Julie: Noticed that you were in contact with my cousin Sharon Karger about a year ago concerning the above Wm. Hutchison & the Cherokee Indian tie. I hope I can still contact you as much time has gone by. My grandfather was Wilson Henry Hutcheison & we are trying to find out who his parents were & where he was born. We have some sparce info. ie...parents listed as T.H. & mother as Caroline or Sarah Williams or Willins. Think they came from the south as we believe he & his sister Mary(married a Barefoot) walked from So. Car. to Texas when he was a child. (Born in 1867). Think he was part Cherokee. Two sons (my dad & uncle) had Indian names (Osceola & Aytcha) Your info. could tie in because of the Cherokee grandmother & the name Williams. Often families married cousins etc., therefore having the same surnames show up several times. Will print your family tree on Wm. & keep it for further research. Have you discovered anything else in the last year. Thanks, Joy Hutchison Piburn

Re: Wm. Hutchison & Cherokee Indian's Grandchildren

Posted: 20 Aug 2001 5:22PM GMT
Julie: Where can I find the additional info. you mentioned on the children of William Jr. & Jane? Can you send me the Hutchison file? Also is this Illinois Website still open? Will try to find it. Thanks again, Joy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions