Search for content in message boards

A lota Logues

A lota Logues

Ethan Logue (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2001 2:26AM GMT
Wow! I had no idea there were this many Logues out there. from getting info on the net it would seem that most Logues come from Ireland. I always thought that the Logue surname sounded a bit more English, maybe Saxon even. It's been a little hobby for me to trace my roots. My mother's side hails from France. The almighty Lafitte clan. I've been trying to see if I might be related to Jean Lafitte the famous pirate. My father's side is the Logue clan. But to my surprise, it is a bit larger than I thought! My father said that I have Cherokee Indian blood on his side. His anscestors were originally of the Hutchins surname hailing from England. He told me that one of the Hutchins married a Cherokee Indian girl whose name I forget. Now how all of this ties end with my Logue blood escapes me. Does anyone know where these English Logues may have originated from here in America? I'm curious as to where and when some of the Logues headed west during America's early expansion years. Finding one's anscestry is not an easy task. I'm just getting started.

Logues

David (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2001 12:28PM GMT
Ethan, If your Logues came from Ireland or England they probably were in the east before
going to the American west. There were Logues in Pa from mid 1700's till now. Look to the east!

adopted surname

Ethan Logue (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2001 7:37AM GMT
I found out some weird news the other day while visiting my grandmother. She told me that my greatgrandfather adopted the name Logue when he went into the military. Nobody knows why exactly. The bloodline on that side comes from the Hutchins name however. I guess I'll have to start searching the Hutchins name. Thanks anyways.

Indians Logues

Carol Logue (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2001 8:59AM GMT
Hi, Ethan. This is a BIG job...but so much fun & very interesting. I was told by my father, Thomas Theodore Logue, there is some Indian blood in our family. Don't know if Cherokee--from temper I inherited, probably Apache (ha-ha)!

There was my great aunt, Sarah Ella (b 1865, d 9-17-1885), dau Daniel Logue (b 1-23-1827, d 12-23-1900) & Maranda (Sarah Ann) Lybarger (b 10-20-1832, d 2-11-1896), who married Charley Ward & lived on Indian Territory prior to and during her last illness--died at parents home.

From copies of B&W photos, Maranda had definite Indian facial features. Ditto for another great aunt, Caladonia (Callie) Little m. Daniel Marion Logue of Kellyville, OK, and her sister Pearl Little.

Hope this proves helpful.

Blessed Easter.

Re: adopted surname

Posted: 14 Jul 2001 11:40AM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2002 6:04AM GMT
Sally Logue married Edward Hutchins circa 1808 in Hancock county, GA. Might not your Hutchins family have been related to the Logues, too? When and where did they live?

Ethan (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2001 12:28PM GMT
Surnames: Logue
Hi Megan,
I found out that my grandfather on my father's side actually changed his name to Logue. Whether or not we are actually blood relatives to any Logue ancestors is unknown to me. My father's side though is kin to the Hutchins. The Hutchins originally came from England I believe. I'm not that familiar with my Logue or Hutchin ancestory so you probably know more about any connections than me. I am surprised though that there were Hutchins folk in Georgia that far back. I'm really trying to trace any civil war or revolutionary war ancestory that I may have on my father or mother's side. Knowing that I may have ancestors from Georgia in that time period may help me though. Any information you have on the Hutchins in Georgia would help me. Maybe there is a link there.

Ethan (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2001 12:45PM GMT
Surnames: Logue
Hi Megan,
I found out that my grandfather on my father's side actually changed his name to Logue a long time ago. If he did then I'm probably only a Logue by name. The Hutchins however are my kin but I don't know much about them except that they are from England I believe. I think they came to America in the 1700s and settled in the colonies before moving west. Hutchins living in Georgia is new to me. I'm trying to trace any civil war or revolutionary war ancestory that I may have. So I thought that starting with the Hutchins name would be a good place to start. If you have any more information on the Hutchins from Georgia I would like to hear it. My mother's family of Lafittes come from Louisiana so maybe having ancestors in Georgia and Louisiana would give me an extra chance of having some relatives who fought in the civil war. Do you know how long the Hutchins lived in Georgia? Sorry I don't know more about the Hutchins but tracing ancestry can be a hard task.

Posted: 14 Jul 2001 9:48PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2002 6:04AM GMT
I am a Logue descendant, but I am not related to the Hutchins or Hutchings or Hutchinson family as far as I know. All three versions of the Hutchins name were used interchangeably way back when, so don't ignore those other two spellings when doing your research. I believe the Hutchins family has been in this country since before 1700 if I remember correctly. They were in VA, NC, and GA that I know about. Many people first came to TN, SC, or GA before heading west into AL, MS, LA, and points farther west.

As far as your ancestor changing his name to Logue, he may have changed it because his biological father WAS a Logue! Many times the legislature had to approve name changes after proof was given that someone other than the legal father had sired the kids. Other reasons for a name change might be to honor the people who raised him, after his own father (and mother in some instances) died while he was just a baby. Don't discount the Logue name just yet. You may find out that you really are a Logue after all . . . or that investigating the Logues reveals important data on your Hutchins family.

Good luck.

Re: A lota Logues

Posted: 20 Feb 2003 4:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jul 2005 2:17AM GMT
Hello I have a Logue in my family. Her name was Mary Josephine Logue she was born in Illinois in 1865 married a Myers and moved to Missouri. I don't know her parents names. She would have been my great great grandmother. I am very interested in finding out more about the Logue's. Would like to know siblings etc. I don't know how long they were in Illinois. They were there in the 1800's. Would like to hear from you. Thanks Janet

Re: Logues

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2006 5:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Logue, Conlin, McHugh, McCue
Not all Logues went East to States when immigrating from Ireland. Many went into Canada....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic