Search for content in message boards

Tom Mix

Tom Mix

Beverly Richard (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2001 5:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Nov 2009 11:19AM GMT
Surnames: Mix
My husband is trying to find out if he is really related to Tom Mix.
His grandmother's maiden name was Mix and she always said that Tom was her great uncle.
Her parents names were John Robert and Anna Mary Jack Mix.
Hope someone can help.
Beverly Richard
Posted: 23 Feb 2001 11:29AM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2009 11:20AM GMT
Beverly,
The Tom Mix you are looking for is not in my direct line, but I know someone who is and who may be able to help you. Contact Kay Mix at kcmix@yahoo.com and she may be able to answer your question. Lowell J.

Re: Tom Mix

Leonard (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2001 5:19AM GMT
Beverly
My GGrandmother was Sarah Mix Cramer Her father was Levi Mix and Mother Sarah Shaffer. She was 1st cousin to Tom Mix the actor. This is known by my family, my Mom was his 1st cousin twice removed. Levi's father was Amos and mother was Clarinda Barnes. Levi had a brother named Amos and I believe he was Tom Mix father. The lineage goes back to England to Daniel Meeks b. England abt 1596. The name was changed to Mix when Thomas Meeks (Mix) b 1624
came to America, New Haven Conn in 1649, where he died in 1691. Hope this helps.

Posted: 29 Sep 2001 2:35PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2005 9:22PM GMT
Tom Mix's father was not a brother to Levi Mix.
Amos Mix who settled Mix Run, PA is not known much about, but we know he had a son James and a daughter Elizabeth. James married Catherine Overturf, their son Solomon was the grandfather of Tom Mix. Tom's father went by Ed, but his name was Elias Edwin.

Leonard (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2001 9:55PM GMT
Thanks. I haven't really researched all the data I have on Tom but do know he was my GGrandmother Sarah's cousin. Amos moved to Ohio where he died in 1844. Levi also had a son named Solomon b. 13 Jun 1818 Ohio. Hope you can find out more about your Amos. It would be helpful if they had used more imagination when they named their kids. Do you have any dates on your information?

Re: Tom Mix, Mix Run Pa

sihrman (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2006 12:11AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 1 Nov 2009 11:20AM GMT
"Postcard History Series
Around DuBois
(by) DuBois Area Historical Society
pg. 123 photo "Will Rogers & Tom Mix visited DuBois in the 1930s. Tom Mix was born in Mix Run & came to DuBois with his parents when his father was employed by John DuBois...."
pg. 128 ...info...http://home.wrkcs.net/history"
not my family
Posted: 16 Apr 2007 7:27PM GMT
My friend and I were walking this morning and got on the subject of genealogy. I told her I would help her with her line. She mentioned that her mother's father was the brother of Tom Mix and she has some of his items. She said her grandfathers name was Roy but his name is listed as Harry and that he died in a sanitarium in 1911. She said he did have TB but didn't die until he was in his 70's. Could Roy and Harry be one and the same?

Posted: 17 Apr 2007 12:15PM GMT
Tom Mix, the western movie cowboy, had only one brother and he was Harry E. Mix. Harry died in 1911 in Washington, DC. and is buried in the Rumburger Cemetery in DuBois, Pennsylvania. Harry married Alice McCormick. Harry adopted Charles, Alice's son, and Charles, had one son, Thomas Harlan Mix, who died in Florida. Tom had cousins that were named LeRoy and went by Roy.
Posted: 17 Apr 2007 1:11PM GMT
Thank you for that information. The Roy listed in the 1930 census was born about 1889. His wife was Hanna and there were 4 children. Can you take me back to who his parents were and how he was related to Tom Mix.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions