Search for content in message boards

CRIBBIN OR CRIBBEN

CRIBBIN OR CRIBBEN

Posted: 8 Jan 2010 5:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CRIBBIN
I WONDER IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON A THOMAS CRIBBIN WHO LIVED IN CLANE CO KILDARE MARRIED JULIA CROSBY FROM HODGESTOWN JULY 1871 HE WAS A BUTCHER. HIS DAD WAS LAURENCE ALSO A BUTCHER JULIA'S DAD WAS RICHARD CROSBY FARMER

Re: CRIBBIN OR CRIBBEN

Posted: 9 Jan 2010 10:13PM GMT
I have information on this Cribbin/Cribben family. My grandfather's sister, Mary Walsh, married Laurence Cribbin of Clane in 1910. Laurence was the son of Johnny Cribbin and Brigid Fibbs. Johnny died 10 June 1922, don't know his date of birth. Laurence and Mary have two living children. Francis lives on their original land. His son gave me a Cribbin family tree, but I cannot find it just now. I believe it is buried in my many piles as I cannot find the Cribbin file in my files. Right now I cannot look any more deeply for it as I have one hand in a splint due a sprain. Please let me know if you would like more information and I will be glad to look for it when my hand is better.

Also, please be sure to visit:
IRL-KILDARE-L Archives http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index/IRL-KILDARE/
for more information

Slán,
Marge in Southern California

Searching:
Golden, Sullivan, Kelly, Shea, in Kerry and Connecticut
O'Connor in Kerry
Fee, Cassidy, Gilbride in Fermanagh, Cavan and Connecticut
Lynch in Limerick and Connecticut
Walsh, Stackpole, Garry/Garrey/McGarrey, Donovan in Kildare

Posted: 10 Jan 2010 12:15AM GMT
I WOULD WELCOME ANYTHING YOU CAN PASS ON WHAT I KNOW IS MY GRANDFATHER NAME WAS RICHARD BORN IN CLANE 1875 HIS FATHERS NAME WAS THOMAS NOT SURE WHERE HE WAS BORN. HIS FATHER WAS LAURENCE I THINK HE WOULD HAVE BEEN BORN EARLY 1800 ALL WERE BUTCHERS

Posted: 3 Feb 2011 8:04PM GMT
Surnames: Cribbin
Mainham cemetery Clane;

Names list;
Cribbib Sheela
Cribib Sean
Cribbin Breda (Doran)
Cribbib Mrs. C
-------------
Headstones;
Pat Cribbin; Mainham, 13/5/1988 (26)
Father; Sean; 18/2/2010 (88)
------------
Catherine (Kitty) Cribbin; Cabra Dublin (88)
14/4/1987
husband Brendan; 25/5/2001 (73)
-----------
Jack
Attachments:

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 3:17AM GMT
Hmm, do either of you recognize a Laurence Cribbin in your tree from the Clane area? He would have been born about 1858, had a wife named Catherine/Kate, and worked as a butcher. I have a few of their likely kids noted in my research as Elizabeth, Laurence, James, and Catherine (all borns 1890s timeframe). The family lived in at least Curryhills and Dublin from what I can tell ca. late 1880s through the 1911 Census.

Also looking for the parents of a Lena Cribbin b. 1902 in/near Prosperous and any information/references to a Dennis Cribbin who lived in the Curryhills area ca. 1865.

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 5:46AM GMT
HI THE LAURENCE I HAVE WOULD BE BORN ABOUT THAT TIME HE WAS THE SON OF LAURENCE CRIBBIN AND JANE DUNN HE HAD TWO BROTHERS ANDREW AND THOMAS AND TWO SISTERS ELIZABETH AND KATE. LAURENCE MARRIED KATE LARMAN 20 SEPT 1887 HER PARENTS WERE JAMES LARMAN AND ELIZABETH STAFFORD THEIR ADDRESS WAS GIVEN AS PROSPEROUS .CARAGH THIS LAURENCE WOULD HAVE BEEN BROTHER TO MY GREAT GRANDFATHER THOMAS ALL WERE BUTCHERS WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF ANY OF THIS MATCHES

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 12:47PM GMT
Yes. I am a relation on his wife Kate's side, and so not a direct descendant of the couple. Do you have any additional details on their children other than what I noted above? I have had some difficulty tracking this branch.

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 2:17PM GMT
SORRY NO I DON'T WHERE ARE YOU BASED I GOT A EMAIL SAYING THAT KILDARE ARE HAVING A GENEALOGY TASTER SESSIONS AT KILDARE VILLAGE EVERY THURSDAY OR FRIDAY IN JULY FROM 7 JULY I WISH I COULD GO BUT AUSTRALIA IS A BIT TO FAR TO TRAVEL FROM DO YOU KNOW IF ANY OF LAURENCE'S BROTHERS OR SISTERS IMMIGRATED HIS BROTHER THOMAS MY GREAT GRANDFATHER MARRIED JULIA CROSBIE / CROSBY THEY HAD 6 CHILDREN MARY JANE. LAURENCE JOSEPH. RICHARD. CATHERINE. ANOTHER MARY JANE. SO I THINK THE FIRST ONE DIED AND A MARY BRIDGET I KNOW THAT LAURENCE MARRIED A KATE DEGAN AND LIVED IN DUBLIN IN 1901 AND MOVED TO PORTARLITON THE KINKS COUNTY BEFORE 1911 DO YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON LAURENCE CRIBBIN AND JANE DUNN.

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 6:22PM GMT
No relation but ...

1901 census:
Living in Francis Streeet, Dublin were:
Laurence Cribbin, 27, Butcher, born Kildare
Julia Cribbin, his mother, 56, born Kildare
sister Mary, 22, born Kildare
son Thomas 1, born Kildare
Wife Kate, 27, born Kildare
Therefore, Thomas must have been Julia's husband and Laurence's father.

They'd moved to Portarlington town in 1911, and had more children.

Lena (Helena on the 1911 census) Cribbin is living at Curryhills with her father Edward, aged 50, Mother Ellen 35, + sister Anne 11, and brothers Andrew 6 and Denis 4.

At Griffiths Valuation site http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation, there are lots of Cribbins/Cribbens, including some living at Curryhills. I imagine they're all related as lots of the same christian names keep cropping us.
Good luck!

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 6:58PM GMT
I live over in the US, and so I won't be at that Kildare meeting either. Any details about Laurence's parents or siblings are unknown to be, as most of my research involves Kate's family. If you go on the familysearch.org site and search under Naas it may help you get further information though. There's a record there for a Jane Cribbin b. 1806 d. 1896 that seems to be Jane Dunn, and a Laurence Cribbin b. 1809 d. 1889 that could have been her husband. Either RootsIreland or GRO Ireland should have the records available to review for a fee.

Also, thank you dancer for the information on Lena Cribbin.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions