Search for content in message boards

Dr. Samuel Smith of St. Louis County

Dr. Samuel Smith of St. Louis County

Posted: 5 Apr 2004 11:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith and Fitzgerald
Hi all,
I'm looking for information on Dr. Samuel Smith and his family. He was married to Elizabeth Gordon. One of their sons John Jay Smith married a Cynthia Jane Fitzgerald. I needing information on both, we don't know when John and his wife died or where they are buried. We have a picture of Dr. Samuel Smith tombstone and his wife name is on it too.
Maureen

Re: Dr. Samuel Smith of St. Louis County

Posted: 21 Jun 2005 2:18AM GMT
I don't check this message board very often and only just saw your message.

My husband is also a descendant of Dr. Samuel Smith and Elizabeth Gordon.

John J. Smith died about 1865 and his probate records can be viewed online at:
http://www.sos.state.mo.us/archives/stlprobate/#search
Filed in 1865 under Case No. 06956.

If you would like to compare notes, etc., please contact me via my e-mail.

Tarney Smith

Maureen (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2005 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hibler and Fitzgerald
Hi there,
Yes I would very much like to share my information with you. I have some Hibler pictures. Some of them are Hibler that married into the Fitzgerald family and the Fitzgerald's that married into the Hibler family.
Do you by chance have a copy of Lucy Fitzgerald's will? That's something that I'm really wanting to see.
Maureen

Posted: 26 Jun 2005 1:48AM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2007 4:26PM GMT
I don't have a copy of Lucy Fitzerald's will or probate records. From what I know, I think she died before the separation of the City and County of St. Louis, but her probate records are in the St. Louis County files. I think, also, that it took decades for her estate to be settled.

I have pictures of the Samuel Smith stone at Conway Cemetery. It is not the original stone....that one was destroyed many years ago. I have one other picture to share which is a picture of Samuel Smith, b. 1805 (son of Dr. Samuel Smith and wife Elizabeth Gordon) and his wife Rebecca Hibler.

I will contact you via e-mail in the next day or two.

Thanks for responding, and I look forward to communicating with you!

Tarney Smith

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 3:19AM GMT
I, too, am a descendent of Dr Smith & Eliz Gordon. I was just wondering if you have any info on parents for Dr Smith?
I am descended from Henry Smith line.
Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 16 Sep 2005 9:56PM GMT
I do not have anything about parents of Dr. Samuel Smith. I have the following siblings:
Margaret, Sarah and William who immigrated with him, and John and Robert who stayed in Ireland. I assume his parents either stayed in Ireland, too, or died before he left.

My husband also descends from Henry Smith and his wife Jane Watson (daughter of Samuel Watson and Catherine Jordan) through their son Jackson Smith and wife Mary Matthews, through their son Scipio Americus Smith who was my husband's grandfather.

I've accumulated quite a bit of info on both Smiths and Watsons, and would like to communicate with you via e-mail and exchange information.

How do you descend from Henry Smith?

My e-mail address is mtss915@sbcglobal.net. Hope to hear from you!

Tarney Smith

LISA HIBLER (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2006 12:29AM GMT
Surnames: HIBLER
HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING HIBLERS OF MISSOURI FOR YEARS WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT THE PICTURES YOU HAVE OF HIBLERS. PLEASE E-MAIL ME IF YOU DON'T MIND. THANKS LISA

Posted: 6 Feb 2006 1:06AM GMT
Hi Maureen,

Did we get together regarding the Hiblers and Fitzgeralds? I can't seem to find any e-mail correspondence with you. If you are still interested in exchanging information, please contact me at mtss915@sbcglobal.net.

Tarney Smith

Tarney Smith (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2006 1:17AM GMT
Hi Lisa,

I'm not sure if you meant this message for me or for Maureen. Your response came into my e-mail box. I have a picture of Samuel Smith 1805 MO-1864 MO and his wife Rebecca Hibler 1808 MO - 1888 MO, who were in Bonhomme Twp., St. Louis County and were members of the Old Bonhomme Presbyterian Church. That is the only Hibler picture I have. Rebecca Hibler Smith was the daughter of William Hibler and Susannah Johnston.

I also have some Johnston/Hibler/Fitzgerald/Smith information.

Is this your line of Hiblers? You may contact me at mtss915@sbcglobal.net and I will send you the picture I have.

Tarney Smith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic