Search for content in message boards

Mary Perkins

Mary Perkins

Posted: 31 Aug 2001 1:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Mary Perkins born @1824 in Ohio and married Garret Decker and lived in Vigo County, Indiana as of 1860 census records. Children of Mary Perkins and Garret Decker as of 1860 were: John, Caroline, Margaret, Hariet, William and Josephine.
Please email to ssloveall@aol.com

Re: Mary Perkins

Posted: 8 Oct 2001 1:36AM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2002 3:23AM GMT
Dear S. Lovell:

Do you have any parent or sibling names for Mary Perkins? My family has a Francis and John Perkins two brothers who were from Ireland and were in Ohio and then ended up in Vigo County, Indiana. Do not know if there is a connection or not?

Sincerely,

Posted: 8 Oct 2001 9:23PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2002 1:47AM GMT
Kevin, S. Loveall is my daughter and she sent me your link. Mary Perkins is my Great, Great Grandmother. She was married in Boone County, Indiana, October 15, 1846. In the 1860 Prairie Creek Census for Vigo County it shows besides there children, an Abigil Perkins, a Rosella and a Lydia. Does this help you? These are the only names I have so far. Let me know if they are related.

Gloria

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 12:31AM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2002 3:23AM GMT
Dear Gloria:

As of right now I don't think there is a connection. I was wondering if she could have been a sister to them. Francis and Margaret Perkins would not move to Vigo County until 1868. Thank you for your reply and I will keep your information for future reference.

Sincerely,

Posted: 6 Sep 2003 8:03AM GMT
Surnames: Perkins
Kevin, do you have any info on John D. Perkins from Cork, Ireland? He had a son, Jesse Leander Perkins who married Mary Elizabeth Kerr. Their children included my Grandfather, George Hobart Perkins and Regena Perkins. George and Regena were born in Gasconde, MO. George b. 1897, d. in CA in 1965, Regena b. 1900, d. late 1980's or 90's. George was married to Marguerite June Dittus b. 1903, d. 1959. Any information on John D. Perkins would be helpful.
Thank you,
Mary Perkins - Brock

Kevin E. Perkins (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2003 4:26AM GMT
Dear Mary:

I wish I could tell you yes, but I can not. None of your names have come up in my research. The only thing I can tell you is that according to the family history Francis (Frank) Perkins came to the United States from County Cork, Ireland. He died in Cumberland County, Illinois in 1892. I am pretty sure he had a brother named John Perkins who died in Union County, Indiana. Let me know if you can link to any of this.

Mary Perkins-Brock (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2003 1:18AM GMT
Kevin, Thank you for the look up anyway. I really do appreciate it. Again Thank you, Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions