Search for content in message boards

New Rome cemetery

New Rome cemetery

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 3:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone tell me about this cemetery? I am wondering when it was active, whether there are readable headstones, etc. I have not seen it indexed and am wondering if my ancestor, Anna K. Anderson, may be buried there.

Re: New Rome cemetery

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 5:18PM GMT

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 5:11PM GMT
Hi there,

I was just poking around on the Adams county website and came across your query. I took pictures of every headstone at the Rome cemetery and will look through them to see if I can find the one you are looking for. When I have more time I planned on indexing the entire cemetery but haven't had the time to complete that project.

Sincerely,

Debra Nelson

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 5:35PM GMT
I did look through the pictures I have and didn't come across an Anna K. Anderson. At least not a readable picture of one. There are a few stones that are unreadable due to age. I am attaching some pictures of the cemetery to give you an idea of what it looks like. It is an active cemetery with readable headstones. I can send you what pictures I have of the Andersons so you can see if they are any you need to add to your family tree. I hope this helps.

Debra Nelson
Attachments:

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 3:18AM GMT
Thank you so much for the information! I believe that if Anna is buried there, she may be buried alone as her family moved together to Walworth County, but if you are able to send pictures of Anderson headstones, that would be wonderful.

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 9:48PM GMT
Here are the pictures I have so far. I hope it helps in your search.
Attachments:

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 3:27AM GMT
Thank you!

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 3:16PM GMT
You're welcome. :-) I went and transcribed the cemetery yesterday. I want to go back one more time to double check everything. If I find more Anderson stones I'll send them your way.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic