Search for content in message boards

Blackwater Station

Blackwater Station

Posted: 2 Oct 2012 1:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello all,

I am not related to the Bondurant family.

However I recently saw the film Lawless and read the book "The Wettest County in the World" by Matt Bondurant about his grandfather and great uncles; Andrew Jackson "Jack", James Forrest and Benjamin Howard Bondurant.

Anyway I was wodering if Blackwater Station that is talked about in the film and book is still standing?

Regards,
Laura Williams

Re: Blackwater Station

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 4:41AM GMT
I grew up near there, here's a link to the information you requested.
Brent

http://readssva.blogspot.com/2011/08/matt-bondurant-wettest-...

Re: Blackwater Station

Posted: 2 Jan 2014 10:20AM GMT
I'm not from the area originally but lived just east of Panther Knob for many years there. I have much family still near there in Hardy and friends in Burnt Chimney and Boone's Mill (beside the site of Blackwater Station) .....due east on 122 is a dirt road that runs north west and curves threw some trees ....it used to be all forest but farmers have cut out planting fields here and there .....two old buildings overgrown and run down are less than 2 miles up the road from 122 ....local's say that this is called Blackwater Station. So when I watched the movie for the first time last night I came in here this morning and found your question.

hope this helps ya
Bob
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions