Search for content in message boards

Catherine Elizabeth Cain/Bozeman 1809-1883 Georgia

Catherine Elizabeth Cain/Bozeman 1809-1883 Georgia

Posted: 27 Sep 2002 12:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cain, Bozeman
Looking for a Catherine Elizabeth Cain b 1809 d 1883 who married Jacob Nathan Bozeman in Wattsville Houston(Perry) Co., GA in 1827. She may have been born in SC and she was buried in Cool Springs Cemetery. Their children include:
Sarah Bozeman after 1828-abt 1864 David Byrd Powell
John Robertson Bozeman 1830-1881 md Mary Shiver
Luke Cain Bozeman 1834-md Caroline Elizabeth
Catherine Elizabeth Bozeman 1839 md Dennis Powell
Nancy Ann Shiver 1844 md John J Shiver
William Bozeman 1847-1880 md Rose Barfield

She would be my ggggrandmother
Mary Reynolds Woldering

Re: Catherine Elizabeth Cain/Bozeman 1809-1883 Georgia

Norma Hillman (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2002 2:57PM GMT
I have some information on your Catherine Cain married to Jacob Bozeman. She was born 12 April 1809 Georgia. Jacob born 1802 Georgia. Children John Robertson, Luke, Catherine, Nancy, William. If you will e-mail me, I can give you a name to contact.

Posted: 12 Mar 2003 4:05AM GMT
Cathorine Elizabeth Cain married John Robertson Bozeman in Houston Co. Ga.Cathorine(note spelling came from tombstone in Cool Springs Cem).According to her tombstone she was b.12 Apr.1809 d.Feb.1883. John Robinson Bozeman served in Civil War Private, Co. G, 14th Regiment, Georgia Volunteer Infantry, Army of North Virginia, CSA. Worth Co., GA "Yancey Independents" Enlisted July 9, 1861. Elected Jr. 2nd Lieutenant Nov. 14, 1861. Resigned Aptil 18, 1862.
"Roster of the Confederate Soldiers of Georgia 1861-1865" by Lillian Henderson; Volume 2, Pg. 381
.b.17 May 1830 d.15 June 1831.
Their children were Jacob Nimrod Bozeman married Amanda Jane Hall, I live about 3 miles from Cool Springs. Because of the many errors I found regarding Cathorine. John Robertson, Jacob N(Nimrod), I went to the cemetary and drew their plot.
Facing west 2nd row left to right is Cathorine Cain, J.R(John Robertson)Bozeman Ben Hill Bozeman, Mary Jane Clark Bozeman, William Henry Bozeman. First row left to right is Amanda Jane Hall, Jacob N.(Nimrod) Bozeman, some have named him Jacob Nathan, but that is NOT true. There are other graves in their plot.
I have a picture of John Robertson and Cathorine Cain Bozeman taken on their wedding day and their marriage certificate. I have lots of pictures of the Bozemans. I know alot about them too. Bozeman's and their relatives have come to ask Granddaddy and Grandmoma, then Daddy and Moma about the Bozemans. I have the 1900 and1910 Mitchell Co. Sale City District census, wills, deeds which proves these facts. Cathorine and John Robertson were my great-great-great grandparents.
Nancy Bozeman Lamberth

Posted: 12 Mar 2003 12:33PM GMT
Edited: 16 Dec 2003 12:11PM GMT
Surnames: Cain, Bozeman, Shiver, Powell
Nancy,
What are the dates you have for John Robertson Bozeman? I have that he was the son of Catherine Cain 1809-1883 and Jacob Nathan 1807-before 1860 from several internet sources. It would have been difficult for a man born in the early 1800's (of a suitable age to marry Catherine) to have fought in the war. John Robertson, according to my notes and your reference the Confederate Soldier's roster show's his date of birth as May 1830 and death as (you typed 1831) I guess they said 1931, but I had 1881. the US census shows his date of birth as being around 1830. Would a woman born in 1809 have married a man 21 years her junior? Possibly, but not too likely. The 1880 census allso shows John Robertson Bozeman living in Bridge Creek in Colquitt Co. with wife Mary A. Bozeman(my notes show John married Mary A. Shiver) and mother, the WIDOWED Catherine E. Bozeman. Living with them in 1880 are the following children: Henry (21), Jacob N. (19) James R (11) Charley A (9) and Catherine (3)
Another son John D. b 1857 is not at home in 1880. He married a Mary J. I could find no record of them in the census.
Who else do you have as the children of Catherine Elizabeth Cain Bozeman? I have found :
John Robertson Bozeman 1830-1881 md Mary Shiver
Luke Cain Bozeman 1834-md Caroline Elizabeth?
Catherine Elizabeth Bozeman 1839 md Dennis Powell
Nancy Ann Shiver 1844 md John J Shiver
William Bozeman 1847-1880 md Rose Barfield. I descend from Catherine Elizabeth Bozeman and Dennis Powell, my greatgrandparents.
Mary

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2003 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: Bozeman
Glad to meet you.
Where do you live? I'll be glad to go to the cemetary with you. John Robinson Bozeman had one wife, Cathorine(please note she spelled her name with an o),
One problem we have is some census takers were inept to say the least. Some took the easy way and constructed a name for Jacob N<(Nimbrod) and changed it to Nathan. We must also remember that everything on the net is not truth. When Henry Teer and Dr. Bozeman came back in the 50's, they talked to the family to get the info then did the work necessary to see it was the truth before he printed. Because we live less than 3 miles from the Colquitt, Mitchell, Worth Co lines, census takers for the last census came to the door from Mitchell, Worth and Colquitt. They did the same back in 1800. Bridge Creek was just a name for an old place in the road. Last year I took someone to a cemetary most had forgotten existed. Now Colquitt Co. keeps up the site so others can find it.
I did mistype the dates, sorry but that is another problem we have on the net. Thank goodness you caught it.
When would you like to go to the cemetary? This will be the best way for you to get the facts straight. From your information I can see you really don't have facts.
Back in the 1980 my daddy William Hill "Bo" Bozeman had to have surgery on his arm. I didn't know the room number and ask for W.H. Bozeman. I went to the room. Daddy was in the bed but I was shocked none of the family were with him. He was facing away from the door. Just as I got to the bed, he sat up, and said hi. But it was not my daddy. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I went to the nurses station and got the correct info on daddy's room. In about 20 mins. the man from the other room came down. It was "Billy" W.H. Bozeman from Sylvester. I knew him from one of our businesses. Billy said it took him a few minutes to think who I was too. The receptionest gave me correct info. Both were W.H. Bozeman both in their 60's. But it was wrong because I knew my Daddy.
Nancy

Janda S. Fussell (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2005 5:53PM GMT
My great-great-great-great grandfather is John R. Bozeman married to Mary. They are the parents of Jacob Nimrod Bozeman married to Amanda Jane Hall Bozeman. I need to contact Nancey Bozeman Lamberth for info and pictures of my ancestors. I know lots about them but have never seen pictures and would like as much info as possible on them. Please e-mail me with any contact information. According to Nancy's e-mail to Norma Hillman, she has pictures and wills, deeds, etc. Can you help?
Thanks,
Janda S. Fussell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic