Search for content in message boards

DAR Lookup>Taylor>Virginia>1741-1826

DAR Lookup>Taylor>Virginia>1741-1826

Wallace Paprocki (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2002 7:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor
I believe my ancestor Richard Taylor, born April 3, 1741 in Orange County, Virginia and died February 19, 1826 in Kentucky fought in the American Revolution. I would be interested if the DAR organization could confirm that. Thank you.

Re: DAR Lookup>Taylor>Virginia>1741-1826

Posted: 11 Oct 2002 11:58PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 7:29PM GMT
I did not find a Richard Taylor in our DAR Patriot Index. That is not to mean that he would not be a Revolutionary War Patriot. It is just that no one has made application using him as their patriot. I will be browsing through the taylor listings and see if I can match up any of the other clues you have given me this evening. If I find something I will send you a message.

Ann
DAR Lookup Volunteer
This is a free lookup service as provided by DAR volunteers at the DAR messag board.

Posted: 12 Oct 2002 5:03AM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 7:29PM GMT
I just found your Richard Taylor (I think). Information follows:
TAYLOR, Richard
Birth: VA 3 Apr 1744
Service: VA
Death: KY 19 Jan 1829
Patriot Pensioned: Yes Widow Pensioned: No
Children Pensioned: No Heirs Pensioned: No
Spouse: (1) Sarah Dabney Strother

The year seems to be different . This is the closest I could find for you.
If you would like more information you can send for a copy of the application papers that are filed in the DAR Record Department. Request a copy from Registrar General NSDAR, Record Dept, 1776 D Street NW, Washington DC 20006-5303. Please send a check for $5.00 payable to Treasurer General NSDAR. Mail the check and the information as listed on your Patriot ancestor and allow 6-8 weeks to receive the record copy, as they get many requests.

Regards,
Ann
NSDAR Lookup Volunteer

This is a free lookup service as provided by DAR volunteers at the DAR message board.

Posted: 16 Jan 2004 8:53AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2005 11:27PM GMT
As a point of interest, this Richard Taylor, who married Sarah Dabney Strother, is the father of the 12th President of the U.S., Zachary Taylor.

Wallace Paprocki (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2004 1:22PM GMT
Thank you. I did know about Zachary Taylor, as we descended from his older brother, Hancock Taylor. I appreciate your taking the time to write me because often I don't know other things.

My closest DAR relative is an aunt who joined in Connecticut, completely different side of the family, but I'd love to know what ancestor and family line she used. Unfortunately, I have no membership number or dates of her becoming a number, so I can't fill out the general DAR request form. Any way you can find information from name and state if I sent in money?

Thanks for writing. Sincerely, Wallace Paprocki

Posted: 16 Jan 2004 6:27PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2005 11:27PM GMT
Sorry, I am not familiar with DAR procedures. Hope someone else can respond....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions