Search for content in message boards

Kings County, NY

Kings County, NY

Claire Pugh (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brown, Duck, Essex, Miles
I am looking for the following people in Kings County NY.
BROWN, James H., Ullyses, Euphemia, James, late 1800's and early 1900's
John C. Miles, John P. Miles, Agnes, Elizabeth, Mary and Madeline.
Duck, James, Florence, John M., Edwin, William
Essex, Frank, John, Charlie, Raymond, Virginia, Clara

Re: Kings County, NY

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 5:21PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 9:48PM GMT
Surnames: Miles
Hi, I have an "Elizabeth M. Miles" born in Brooklyn in 1855. I have lot of information on the Brooklyn family she married into, but virtually nothing on Elizabeth herself, except for the marriage record from the York Street Methodist Episocopal Church in 1873. If you're interested discussing, let me know.

Miles- Kings County, NY

Posted: 17 Dec 2001 4:51AM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2002 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Miles, Meserole
Isaac Meserole applied for a Civil War Pension in 1898. The witnesses who signed were Alf. S. Miles and C.L. Miles. The application appears to have been filled out by C.L. Miles. Isaac had a daughter Carrie L. Meserole b.11 Jul 1861, Brooklyn, Kings Co., N.Y. and she is the one child we have not been able to find.
Could C.L. Miles have been daughter Carrie? Do you know anything of an Alf. S. Miles?
Any information appreciated.

Re: Miles- Kings County, NY

Claire (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2001 11:18PM GMT
Surnames: Miles Duck Brown
Hi,
I don't have a Carrie Miles listed. I have Mary, Elizabeth and Madeline as well as John and John C.
Have you heard of any of these names.
Claire

Re: Miles- Kings County, NY

Posted: 18 Dec 2001 5:19AM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2002 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Miles
I have just discovered Miles, and do not even know if they fit into the family. Have no info on any other Miles names. thanks for answer.

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 5:17PM GMT
hi,I was looking around the site and came across your post.Elizabeth Miles was my great grandmother. I would appreciate any info that you may have on her and her family. Hope to hear from you soon.

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 5:40PM GMT
Hi,
My e-mail is Claire1120@aol.com. I would rather correspond there.
Madeline Miles my grandmother was Elizabeth's sister.
John Courtney miles was her father and Mary McCabe Doherty her mother.
I have a little information on John and some on Mary.
Mary was born in Straven or Strathaven Scotland.
I have her father and grandfather but am having a problem figuring out if she was married when she had her eldest child or how and when she came to the U.S.
Claire

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 5:45PM GMT
My Madeline the sister of Elizabeth Kelly Miles was born
1886 and Elizabeth was born 1885.

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 5:50PM GMT
i have a feeling that this is not the same elizabeth miles. none of the names you mentioned sound familiar. this is so frustrating !!!thank you

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 7:47PM GMT
Well hello cousin. My mother is a Hunold herself. I would be happy to give you access to my online family tree but I'll need your direct email address. The notes pages for each family member contain a lot of information that may be useful for you.

I actually spend a day once in Brooklyn trying to hunt down the church that Elizabeth married in and was disappointed to find it had been torn down to make way for the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions