Search for content in message boards

Goldenhawk Sizemore

Goldenhawk Sizemore

LITTLE FEATHER (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2000 3:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 8:17PM GMT
Surnames: Sizemore
I AM LOOKING FOR DESENDANTS AS WELL AS INFO ON GOLDEHAWK SIZEMORE. IF YOU ARE KIN OR HAVE INFO, PLEASE MAIL ME

Re: Goldenhawk Sizemore

Posted: 18 Mar 2000 8:19PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 8:18PM GMT
From: "Of Bolder Men, a History of Leslie County" by Mary T.
Brewer, pages 210-211: "There is evidence that Chief Red Bird
mentioned in the Indian Lore of this book was the father of some of
the Leslie County Sizemores. Ruch Sizemore, a son of Chief George
All's daughter, claimed that Chief Red Bird was his father."
[Cited reference: Manchester Enterprise] Red Bird Creek, the boundary between Leslie and Clay Counties in KY was named for Chief Red Bird.

david banes (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2000 3:12AM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 8:18PM GMT
Thank you Bonnie for replying but I am lookin for a more direct line to trace the ancetery of my kin. Chief Goldenhawk had 34 childrn and was from Magoffin Co. KY. If any one ca help me trace this line please Mail me.......I_R_Wolf@webtv.net

JOSIE (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2000 8:26PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 8:20PM GMT
Surnames: Sizemore, Anderson, Wireman
GEORGE " GOLDENHAWK" SIZEMORE who probably was born in 1783,but certainly died in 1864,fathered either 54 or 57 children, a figure debated by historians.
This is just a small piece written about Goldenhawk from the Lexington Herald Leader Published June7,1999.
George "GOLDENHAWK" IS MY GR.GR.GRANDFATHER HE MARRIED SALLY ANDERSON they came to KY from North Carolina. Although Goldenhawk comes in on both my father and mother's side he is my fathers great grandfather (one of his daughters Sarah "Sally" Sizemore is my great grandma) she married Fielding Wireman . Also, "GOLDENHAWK" comes in on my mothers side thru Florence Sizemore who married JOHN WIREMAN . He is my mother's gr.gr.gr. grandfather.You can visit the web site trip.to/magoffin to find out more info. on the "SIZEMORE" . ALSO THE ARTICLE IS MOST INTERESTING.It tells of the New gravestone planned for the Magoffin Father of 50. The Magoffin Co. Historical Society has written many books on Eastern Ky families. The website can tell you more about them.

lori york (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2000 6:23PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: Back, Gebedon, Cantrell, Montgomery, Sizemore, Anderson
I too am in the process of finding more info concerning my family history. My grandmother is Rosa Back Gevedon she is the daughter of Emily Jane Montgomery Back, whose parents are Hannah Cantrell(birth mother)who past away after giving birth to a son. Hannah's step-mother was Emma Patrick and father was John Montgomery. John's parents are Silas Montgomery and Aggie Sizemore. Aggie is the daughter of CHIEF GEORGE GOLDENHAWK SIZEMORE and Sallie Anderson. My grandmother has more information and some pitures of Chief Goldenhawk and Sallie. I hope this is information is helpful to you in your search, I would love to hear from you concerning our family history. Thanks Lori

Posted: 17 Jul 2000 10:48PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 8:23PM GMT
Lori, I too am a Sizemore descendent. I was not aware of any existing photos of George "GoldenHawk". As a matter of fact I was just rereading an article from Magoffin Cty newspaper, asking for donations to replace his tombstone and the local politicians, two of which are gr grandsons mention that no photos exist. If you have a photo, I would love to have a copy. I would gladly send $ for the expense of copying and mailing, or if you have a scanner, would you scan it and send it e-mail. I am so excited, it is 1 a.m. in the morning and I know I won't sleep tonight! Thank you in advance, Carol

Posted: 31 Aug 2000 11:28AM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: Sizemore, Montgomery, Minnix, Smith
To: LORI YORK - I too would like to get copies of any pictures you might have of our ancestor. I am a descendent through his daughter Aggie (Sizemore) Montgomery, Aggie's daughter Jahaza (montgomery) Minnix, Jahaza's son Noah Minnix, and Noah's daughter Grace (Minnix) Smith. If you can attach your faded old photos to E-mail I will repay you with enhanced copies. I'm a fair hand at that sort of thing. So if you have the time remember me. Thanking you in advance!

Polly Lehrmitt (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2000 3:30AM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 8:26PM GMT
please,please,please!anyone with a picture of golden hawk i would love to have.he is a relative.my great grandfather William "Navy" Sizemore.let me know.

picture golden hawk!

Polly Lehrmitt (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2000 3:42AM GMT
all or any i would be glad to pay for them thanks Polly Lehrmitt e-mail address ginadee@aol.com

Hannah Cantrell

Posted: 23 Jan 2001 11:58AM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2002 3:03AM GMT
Hello Lori York,
In your message #484(concerning George "Golden Hawk" Sizemore)you mentioned Hannah Cantrell (1856-1887)wife of John Montgomery b.1851, all of Ky.
I need to know the parents,grandparents, siblings, etc. of Hannah Cantrell.
Also , could you scan Golden Hawks picture and send it to me via the internet.
ojs@willard-oh.com
Thanks.
Omar Stephens
per page

Find a board about a specific topic