Search for content in message boards

African-American Jenkins in S. Carolina and Georgia

African-American Jenkins in S. Carolina and Georgia

Posted: 20 Mar 2001 1:23PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 11:21PM GMT
I don't really know a lot. My great great-grandfather was Levi Jenkins. He had 4 children. There were only three that I know their names. Berry, Fred, and Lena. Lena was my great-grandmother.Lena was born December 22, 1893.Her mother was Anna Jones of Aragon-Seney, Georgia.

Re: African-American Jenkins in S. Carolina and Georgia

Posted: 6 Jan 2011 9:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Apr 2012 3:34AM GMT
i, too am AA and decended from south carolina. my ggrandfather was born abt 1823 in charleston and migrated to lowndes county, ga. i can't locate any of his siblings or parents. I cannot locate any info when he resided in SC. I am beginning to think that he was a run-away slave, but have no proof. If anyone have any info Re: Joseph Jenkins and Eliza Butler(wife b 1828, SC) please contact me @canderson000@yahoo.com. thanks

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 10:20PM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2013 10:22PM GMT
I am a Jenkins. My grandfather is Ike Jenkins from Ft. Pierce, Florida. Could we be of some relation?

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 2:54AM GMT
My grandfather was Joseph. He migrated from Charleston, SC to Lowndes County, Ga. I'm sure that some migrated from there. My dad went to Michigan. I'm searching for my missing relatives. It is very possible that we could be related.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions