Search for content in message boards

Walter and Henrietta Shaffer Garrett

Walter and Henrietta Shaffer Garrett

Howard Liddic (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2001 3:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking information on Walter and Henrietta Shaffer Garrett of Philadelphia, PA. Henrietta died in Philadelphia between 1930 and 1934 and may have had ties to the Shaffer and Liddick families of Perry County, PA. Any help would be appreciated.

Howard Liddic
Lancaster, PA

Re: Walter and Henrietta Shaffer Garrett

Posted: 11 Feb 2002 6:50AM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2002 9:00PM GMT
There was an article published in the 11 September 1949 Saturday Evening Post Called The Scramble for the Garrett Millions. It was one of the longest articles ever published in that fourm and the Libarary of Congress on perhaps a large city will have copies of this article.

Posted: 12 Feb 2002 12:19AM GMT
Thanks Margaret. My grandfather and his cousin were among those "scambling" for the money. I'll try to track down a copy of the article.

Do you know of any connection back to the Shaffer or Liddick families of Perry County. If so, I'd appreciate any information that you may have. Thanks again.

Howard Liddic
Lancaster, PA

Posted: 12 Feb 2002 11:27PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2002 9:00PM GMT
My sister has transcribed the article and might be willing to send it to you as an attachment. Her e-mall address is snugglespjsals@aol.com Just send her an e-mail off list so she can recognize what it is your are looking for. M

Posted: 21 Apr 2002 1:33AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2002 2:41PM GMT
Surnames: Garrett
Do you have any idea when Walter Garrett was born or who his parents were?

Posted: 21 Apr 2002 1:49AM GMT
According to the Saturday Evening Post article, Walter was a descendant of the immigrant, Levi Garrett. That's all the information that I have on him.

Posted: 26 Mar 2003 2:52AM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2003 12:09PM GMT
Surnames: Shaffer
Wondering if anyone knows Henrietta Shaffer Garrett's father's name. I have recently been given some family notes and is says George Shaffer had a daughter named Henrietta Garrett. Also is anyone has information about the Garrett fortune, I would love to read it. some family members have talked about the Garrett fortune. Trying to connect George to my Shaffer line. Any help or information appreciated.

Posted: 27 Mar 2003 2:19PM GMT
Edited: 6 Dec 2007 6:54PM GMT
Henrietta's father was Christoph Schaefer, born Aug 5, 1808 in Nauheim, Hesse-Cassel, Germany, christened Johann Christoph Schafer. Her mother was Wilhelmine Henrietta Charlotte Kretschmar, born Nov 30, 1819 in Hagen, Westphalia, Prussia. She had one brother, John.

Posted: 29 Mar 2003 2:22AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2004 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: Shaffer, Garrett, Schaffer
Do you know if George is part of Christoph Schaefer's name? Also any of Christoph's siblings? Looking for George Schaffer,Shafer,etc., who has a brother named Alexander. My notes say George had a daughter named Henrietta Garrett. This is all I know and am trying to find a match.
Thanks, Kelly

Posted: 5 Sep 2006 3:54AM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2006 12:02PM GMT
Surnames: garrett, shaver
You would not happen to know any more of her ancestors names would you?
My grandmother or great grandmother was listed in legal papers as being related to her, a nieceor something like that. Unfortunately I do not have the right connection to her and can't seem to find it. I have a Christopher Shaver in the family but the date of birth is off by about 8 years. And his parents listed are not the same as I have found online in others family trees..
Cindy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic