Search for content in message boards

St. Michael's Church Coventry

St. Michael's Church Coventry

Posted: 10 Dec 2004 4:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Mar 2005 3:39PM GMT
Can anyone tell me where to find the records of St. Michaels Church in Coventry? I know that several of the people that I am researching were christened there and would like to see if any of the others on my list were also christened there. Thank you.

Re: St. Michael's Church Coventry

Dennis (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2004 10:23AM GMT
I presume the originals, what survive after the war-time bombings, will be at Warwickshire Record Office or Coventry Archives. But many were fire and flood-damaged as St.Michael's or Coventry Cathedral was flattened by bombing in the Coventry Blitz.
Filmed copies should be available on loan via your nearest Family History Centre of the LDS.

Toni (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2005 10:46PM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2005 12:01AM GMT
I have the bishops transcripts for St Michaels 1691-1716 if you want anything looked up

Posted: 20 Apr 2005 4:35PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2006 6:22PM GMT
Surnames: FARREN, WALTON
Thank you so much for your kind offer to do lookups for me. I am researching the Walton and Farren families.
I am looking for the parents of William Farren who was born 1811 or 1812 and I believe christened in St. Michael's Church as that is where his son and grandson were christened. Also Williams wife Phoebe Walton who was born 1813. These are the dates that I got from the various census.
I know this is vague information but I hope it will be enough. I am doing this research for a dear friend who lives in Surrey and she is so excited to have her family tree, I don't charge. I had to go into a wheelchair a year ago and give up a job I adored so now I fill my time doing research for my friends.
Again thank you for your kind offer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions