Search for content in message boards

Halls of Virginia

Halls of Virginia

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 3:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am seeking information on Elisha Hall (1810-??) married to Mary Leffue;children Wm. S. Hall,Joseph Hall, Elisha Henry Hall, James Hall. Lived in and near Franklin County, Virginia.

Re: Halls of Virginia

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 1:38PM GMT
Not finding any census of the Hall family
I did though find a Franklin Co,. VA marriage record
for Elisha Hall and Pollie Leffue Aug 20 1834

With the name Hall it is too common to find records.
I did though find in the 1830 Franklin Co. VA a most possible census for the Leffue household.
There is one Elysa Leffew with a daughter listed in the 15-19 yr range, which could be Pollie. There is also one more daughter in the 10-14 yr age which I would say is more likely Pollie with her possibly being 18 yrs of age in 1834 marriage.

I found four Lieffew/Leffew families in 1830 in Franklin Co VA
Enoch
Westly
Elya
Elijiah

Do you have dob's of the children of Elisha and Pollie/
Do you know if they moved around> Dates of deaths?> Any other info with dates. locations of the family members?

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 3:51PM GMT
These are approximate dates of birth, taken from "Virginia Marriages"-LDS website:
Wm. S. Hall-1837
Joseph M. Hall - 1837
Elisha Henry 1840 or 1846
James Hall 1843
Most of the time they were living in Franklin County, later on some of Wm.'s descendants moved to Roanoke. Several are buried in Fairview Cemetery. I am trying to tie this Elisha to the other Halls living in Southwest Virginia. It seems that Elisha was a popular name among the Halls, but in all the records I have looked at I cannot connect him to any of them. He could have been a son of a William or a descendant of Asa or his brother Jesse who supposedly moved to the Roanoke Valley after the Revolutionary War from New York. I am stuck with this Elisha and can't go beyond him. My wife's line is from William S. Hall, who seems to have dropped off of the face of the earth by 1880. He married Mary Abigail Lavender, who is either divorced or a widow on the 1880 census of Rocky Mt, Franklin County;107 HH #7. So Elisha and William S. Hall are my thorns in the side. Thanks for answering my query.

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 5:01AM GMT
Could they have been married in Franklin County?

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 6:36PM GMT
Yes,
They were married in Franklin County. I got that info from the LDS website.They were married on 20 Aug. 1834.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 7:37PM GMT
I do a lot of my family work in Franklin County and if you send a SASE and one dollar to : Clerk of the Circuit Court, Franklin County Courthouse, 275 South Main Street, Rocky Mount, Va 24151, you can request a copy of the actual marriage. Sometimes these DO have more information on them, that what the LDS shows. Sometimes they do not, but for a buck, it is worth a try.
Good luck to you!
Shelley

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 8:21PM GMT
Thanks,
I'll do that.
Robert
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions