Search for content in message boards

BOLAND in Derryfadda, Parish of Feakle, County Clare

BOLAND in Derryfadda, Parish of Feakle, County Clare

Posted: 11 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Mar 2002 8:01PM GMT
Surnames: BOLAN, BOLAND
Hello,I would like to share information with anyone researching BOLAND of Derryfadda, Parish of Feakle, County Clare. My ancestors immigrated in 1862 to PA, but the family did not all emigrate; John and Thomas Boland remained in Derryfadda. I would like to learn more about those who remained as well as those who immigrated to Harrisburg, PA.

Bolands in Derryfadda

Posted: 20 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BOLAND
Hello--I appreciate your suggestions. However, I received the information I have from the Valuation's Office and from The Clare Heritage Center. The records I have only take me up to 1901 census, which has John Boland listed with his wife Ann, and three children: Martin, Mary, Ann. John's mother-in-law was also living with them: Mary Tuohy. I also have the valuations listed on my website up through 1949, but none are dated. I have posed questions next to the listings in hopes of someone more knowledgeable than I can help me sort through the material. So if you have a minute, please check out the link under Derryfadda at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hoar/index.htm
I also emailed the East Clare Heritage Center and have not received a response. I am certainly open to any further suggestions and thanks again.

Posted: 20 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2006 1:08PM GMT
Why not start at Griffiths Valuations & EastClare Heritage Site under Clarelibrary
Posted: 6 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BOLAND
I wish I could write that there is a connection, but I don't know that there is. The dates don't seem to add up.
I wish you luck in your search.

Bolands from Feackle

Bill Connolly (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Boland, Curry, Corry, Corrie, Cory
My great grand parents (Francis Boland and Catherine Curry or Corry or Corrie or Cory etc.) were married in Feackle in 1840. As far as I know, they lived in the townland of Upper Cahir in the parish of Feackle. They had a number of children whom they took to Australia (Margaret Thomas Jane and Francis born between 1842 and 1850) and further family on the way to, and in Australia. Apart from Jane Boland's baptism, I have not been able to find ANY record of them at all. My Great grand father may have had brothers called James and Michael.
I would be really pleased to hear if any of these names turns up in your researches.
Good luck!
Bill Connolly
Hay, NSW Australia
email: bidgee@tpg.com.au

Re: Bolands in Derryfadda

Posted: 8 Feb 2002 9:27PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2002 7:09PM GMT
Surnames: Mason, Boland, Shannahan, Hayes, Brazil, Purcell, Kelly, Boland,
Dear Coleen;
I have a Matthew Mason m. c. 1846 to Johanna/Judith Boland with the following children born in the Townland of Shannakyle in the ecclesiastical Parish of Parteen (all near Limerick City):
Michael (2), Thomas, James, Martin, John (2), Patrick and Mary.

Other placenames in my "collection": Gillogue, Athlunkard, Cloonoughter etc.

Do you see any connection? Appreciate any information you might have to offer.

Judie Mason
Chicago, IL

Re: Bolands from Feackle

Posted: 22 Sep 2006 7:48PM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2006 2:18AM GMT
Surnames: BOLAND, HANRAHAN
My ggf, Peter Boland settled in Amboy, Lee, Illinois circa 1850. He was born 1802 ,the Parish of Feakle. His wife must have died before they immigrated. His daughter, Margaret, born 1822 married James Hanrahan in Ireland. They had two children, James and Bridget .who were born in Ireland in 1846 and 1848,
You are the first descendant from Feakle with whom I have had contact. Hope to hear from you.

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 9:29PM GMT
Is there a Miles, a Mary Cunningham, Peter or Michael Boland? They settled in Amboy near the 1850's

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 9:29PM GMT
Is there a Miles, a Mary Cunningham, Peter or Michael Boland? They settled in Amboy near the 1850's

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 4:28PM GMT
Patrick Boland resided with James and Margaret Boland Hanrahan in Amboy. They came to Lee County in the early 1840"s. There were two Peter Bolands in the area in the early 1850's One in Amboy and one in Mendota, Illinois. Peter from Amboy went to Chicago. Is he a son of Patrick? I believe he was employed by the railroad. Miles and Mary were also residents of Chicago. Miles has an IDSI# which I can get for you. Can you provide information about Patrick? He was my ggggf and I believe was father of Margaret Boland Hanrahan. He is buried with the Hanrahans in St. PAtrick's cemetery in Amboy. Are you from Co Feackle?
Michele
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions