Search for content in message boards

Ramirez de Arellano

Ramirez de Arellano

Posted: 25 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 May 2002 11:43AM GMT
Surnames: Ramirez de Arellano
Would like to hear from any and all researchers working on the RAMIREZ DE ARELLANO family in PR. Although the best known branch settled in the SW, founding CABO ROJO and MAYAGUEZ among others, there were very strong branches in ARECIBO, SAN JUAN, CAGUAS, etc.

There has been a lot of work done on this family by very knowledgeable genealogists like Dra Ursula Acosta and David Cuesta, but there is still a lot of missing data. Maybe if we join forces we will all be able to find that elusive ABUELO CHOZNO that keeps us awake sometimes.

I would be willing to serve as a sort of clearinghouse for information if everybody helps. What say ye?

Ramirez Arellano

Doris Rodriguez Echeandia (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Collazo, Collazo Ramirez Arellano, Ramirez Arellano, Rodriguez, Rodriguez Vicenti
My fathers paternal grandmother was Margarita Collazo y Ramirez Arellano, possible DOB 1870's. She was married to Jose Maximino Rodriguez y Vicenti and was from el barrio de "El Rosario en San German" As far as I know they had 9 children. I have no other information about her and would like to hear from other Ramirez Arellano's from that area.

Ramirez de Arellano

Posted: 26 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2006 5:03PM GMT
Surnames: Ramirez de Arellano, Subira, Subira Ramirez de Arellano

Great idea! Concepcion Ramirez de Arellano was born in the first quarter of 1800, I don't know where. She married Francisco Subira. Their son, Acisclo Sergio Subira Ramirez de Arellano was born about 1849, possibly in Juana Diaz or Penuelas. He died 13 June 1914. I have been searching microfilm but haven't located them yet. Any help would be appreciate, happy to share information. Marisa Longrais

Ramirez de Arellano

Raymond G. Larroca (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Morales-Ramirez de Arellano, Morales-Alvarado
On August 30,1830, in San Juan, my great great grandfather Jose Miguel Morales y Elberdin , Escribador de su Majestad de las Reales Casas, married Maria de la Encarnacion Ramirez de Arellano y Davila. Although they were married in San Juan, I do not know whether either of them were residents of that city. They had at least 3
male children : Carlos (my great grandfather), Pedro and Jose Miguel.

Their son Carlos, later awarded "La Gran Cruz Isabel la Catolica and "otorgado caballero", married Encarnacion Alvarado y Rodriguez of Juana Diaz on September 17, 1855. One of their sons, Manuel Ramon Morales y Alvarado, born in 1873, married Isabel Schuck Suarez of Ponce. Their daughter, Elsa Maria Morales y Schuck of Ponce (1906-1993) was my mother.

However,I have drawn a total blank on the descendants of their other sons, Jose Miguel Morales y Ramirez de Arellano and Pedro Morales y Ramirez de Arellano
and other children,if any.

If anyone has any information about them or their families, I would be most grateful to receive it and provide whatever related information I have.

Ramírez de Arellano

Licy Tomasini (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Serra, Ram�rez de Arellano, Malaret, Anglada
My great grandmother was María Trinidad Ramírez de Arellano, born in Vega Alta , Puerto Rico about 1844. She married Francisco Serra Soto from Sabana Grande, Puerto Rico. Oral legend in the family says they met on the train when both were going to San Juan. They lived in Sabana Grande and later moved to Ponce with all their children: Francisco, Rafael, José, Manuel, Domingo, , Carmen , Altagracia and Dolores. They bought Hacienda Burenes in Barrio Tibes, a coffee plantation.
I don't have any other information on the Ramírez de Arellanos from Vega Alta. Any information will be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you,

Licy Tomasini

Ramirez - San Sebastian, PR

Israel Ramirez (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ramirez, Ramirez de Arellano
Seeking information on Eugenia Ramirez grandmother of Israel Ramirez from San Sebastian, Puerto Rico. Her spouse Salustiano Ramirez De Arellano died before she did. I believe she gave birth to 24 children, she died in the late 1940s to early 1950's and was buried in San Sebastian where she was also born. Additional family line information available. Source information provided upon request.

Ramirez, Ramirez de Arelleno

Posted: 8 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2001 4:57PM GMT
Surnames: Cintron, Ramirez, Ramirez de Arelleno
Hi Ana!

I also want panticipant on the search of names in Cabo Rojo,but in general. I'm looking for Correa de Matos from the same area.

I was wondering if Ramirez and Ramirez de Arelleno would be one of the same,only becauses my great grandmother was name Josefa Ramirez from Cabo Rojo. She was married to Juan Rosa Cintron. I purchase a book written by Ursula and David that has a collection of family trees from Cabo Rojo.

Thank You
for your help

Philip Correa

Ramirez de Arellano

Edmundo Ramírez (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Davial, Ramirez, Ramirez de Arellano, Vazquez
My great grandfather was Jose Ramirez de Arellano (1852-1921). He lived in Bayamon in 1920 (from the Census). He married Onofrina Vazquez (1867-1964). His parents were Felix Ramirez (1807-1854) and Orosia Jacoba Davila (1811-1854).

Ramirez de Arrellano

Maritza Rodriguez (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ramirez de Arrellano, Brau, Velez Brau
A Ramirez de Arrellano married a relative of mine Maria Teresa Brau Zuzuarregui.... the account is as follows:

Sergio Ramirez de Arrellano who was born in 1829 in Mayaguez married Ana Rita Arrillaga y Garcia de Quevedo, they had at least one son .. and his name was Enrique Ramirez de Arrellano y Arrillaga (born in 1866) he married Maria Teresa Victoria Brau Zuzuarregui (a relative of mine)- born in 1879, and they had at least three sons... who were Enrique Ramirez de Arrellano (who died in 1970 in San Juan, Puerto Rico), Luis Renato Ramirez de Arrellano and Renato Ramirez de Arrellano

If anyone is related to them or has any information that might be linked to them please let me know.
Thanks,
Maritza

Ramirez de Arrellano

Maritza Rodriguez (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ramirez de Arrellano, Brau
Is it possible that your great grandfather is related in any way to the following Ramirez de Arrellano?

Sergio Ramirez de Arrellano who was born in 1829 in Mayaguez married Ana Rita Arrillaga y Garcia de Quevedo, they had at least one son .. and his name was Enrique Ramirez de Arrellano y Arrillaga (born in 1866 in Anasco) he married Maria Teresa Victoria Brau Zuzuarregui (a relative of mine)- born in 1879, and they had at least three sons... who were Enrique Ramirez de Arrellano (who died in 1970 in San Juan, Puerto Rico), Luis Renato Ramirez de Arrellano and Renato Ramirez de Arrellano.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic