Search for content in message boards

Sarah Chappel or Chappell married to James Gay in 1800s in PEI canada

Sarah Chappel or Chappell married to James Gay in 1800s in PEI canada

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 12:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching my families ancestry --- right now i am trying to get past their entry to canada -- specifically sarah chappel (or chappell---I`ve seen it spelt both ways.)
I am told by my greatuncle who did most of the researching that he couldnt find anything beyond their arrival to Canada, but that he knows they came from england.

If anyone knows of Sarah Chappell -born in 1793 and married to James Gay - would like to know what her parents names were and where she came from in England.

I appreciate any help you might give thanks

Re: Sarah Chappel or Chappell married to James Gay in 1800s in PEI canada

Posted: 8 Aug 2013 1:15PM GMT
Hi Michelle,

I am doing similar family research and I have reached a dead end at these two as well. If my sources are correct, their daughter, Elizabeth Gay, is my GG Grandmother....

I'll let you know if I find anything.

Brent Ellis

Posted: 9 Aug 2013 2:17PM GMT
I may be able to help you both. I have been trying to find the birth parents of my great grandmother. Her birth last name was Emma Elizabeth Gay. What was striking to me is that her husband, Charles Parham, had a brother named Chapel Parham. Maybe this is just one huge coincidence, but it is the best lead I have had in a long time. My grandmother, Edna, was Emma's daughter. She died when I was 7 years old, but I do remember that she had a small marble top table in her living room that was brought over from England with her ancestors. I have not found any British ancestors so far.
Emma Elizabeth and Charles Parham were married in Moultire, Georgia, Colquitt County.
Let's see where this all leads.
Madeleine

Posted: 9 Aug 2013 3:44PM GMT
Thanks Madeleine but sadly I think we're on different paths. My GG Grandmother Elizabeth was born on Lot 17 in PEI and married to William Harris. The PEI archives list James Gay and Sarah Chappel as her parents. My trail goes cold beyond James and Sarah. I suspect the same holds true for Michelle....

Thanks again,

Brent
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions