Search for content in message boards

HERN, O'KEEFE/KEEFE

HERN, O'KEEFE/KEEFE

Peggy O'Connor (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Feb 2013 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: O'Keefe, Hern, Connors

Searching for information on Ellen Josephine (Nellie) O'Keefe married to Al Hern. Originally from Cambridge the couple relocated to Fall Rivers, MA. Nellie was born 22 July 1891 to Patrick O'Keefe and Mary Connors in Cambridge, MA. She is my grandfather's second cousin twice over. Related on both my great-grandfather and great-grandmothers side of the family. Nellie was a floor lady in the Dover Pots and Pan Company. When the company moved they relocated. According to the SS Death Index, Ellen (Nellie) Hern died November 1974 in Fall River, MA. I know very little about Nellie and her family. She was supposed to have a younger brother named Jeremiah O'Keefe and another brother who lived in West Roxbury, MA and was the father of Brother Thomas O'Keefe, CSA and a female O'Keefe (first name unknown). If anyone has any information please email me at poconnor@primenet.com. Also, if someone could provide me with the name and address of the library in Fall River so that I might write for her obituary I would appreciate it. Thanks, Peggy O'Connorhanks, Peggy O'Connor

OKEEFE

John Nalewski (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Feb 2013 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: O'Keefe, Keefe
Peggy,
I can remember as a child, my grandmother telling me she had cousins in Fall River. Her maiden name was O'Keefe. Her father was Thomas A. O'Keefe born in Ware, MA in 1879.
Thomas' father was Michael Keefe, born in County Wexford, Ireland abt 1844. Michael had two brothers who were priests. They were John O'Keefe (b. 1842 County Wexford, Ire, d. 1923 Monson, Hampden, MA) and Thomas O'Keefe (b. 1860 Ware, Hampshire, MA d. 1941 Springfield, MA). Their father was Thomas Keefe (b. Abt 1812 County Wexford, Ire d. 1874 Ware, MA). Thomas Keefe's father was Jeremiah Keefe. I have no other information on Jeremiah. However, I have extensive information on the descendants of Jeremiah's son, Thomas. If this is of any interest to you, let me know. I do know that several members of our O'Keefe line settled in Hyde Park, MA when they arrived abt 1847 from County Wexford.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions