Search for content in message boards

A Branch of the WV Dennison Family Tree

A Branch of the WV Dennison Family Tree

Diane Lee (Dennison) Smith (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2001 11:37AM GMT
I just stumbled on this message board. I'm so excited.

My grandfather was Raymond Lewis Dennison who was from Harrison County, WV. He is listed on ANCESTRY.COM.

I happen to have a family tree that traces back to ~1800 that my great uncle Ashby P. Dennison did.

The story is that in the mid-late 1700's my great-great..grandfather Patrick Dennison eloped with the daughter of the mayor of Dublin (Lord Courtney).
They were married on the ship that brought them to America.

In looking at my info it appears that the family settled in the Harrison County area of WV and some have been there ever since.

At the moment my work load prevents me from putting any of this on line.

However, my daughter Jessica and I are looking forward to sharing information.

WV Dennisons

Posted: 9 May 2001 5:31AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2003 3:37PM GMT
Looks like we are "cousins" down the line from James Lewis Dennison, John Ross, Anderson, Edmund Lewis, Manley to Raymond. Would love to share information. My e-mail is sshrader@milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov

Difference In Information on Anderson Dennison

Diane Lee (Dennison) Smith (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2001 9:33AM GMT
I have found a match between my information and the information given by Sandra Shrader and TED.

I have Anderson Dennison born 1/2/1795 and married to Ellen Skinner.

However, the information from my great uncle lists Anderson as the son of Patrick who immigrated from Ireland.

This part of my tree always looked odd because of the dates given since Patrick was married and immigrated around 1750, but Anderson was not born until 1795.
I have no idea where my great uncle got this information from. One item I have says that the story of his marriage was passed down through the fammily.

It seems to me that James and John may be two generations missing in my tree.

I will be very interested in the information on James Lewis and John.

Now I'm determined to find the time to get my tree put on the web, meanwhile I'll be on the message board.

Margaret Dennison/NC born abt 133

Posted: 13 Jun 2001 7:52PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jan 2003 10:18PM GMT
I am sorry I don't have anything to contribute but a request for help-
Looking for Joseph Dennis 78 yrs old in 1860 Sevier Co., TN census which would make his birthdate 1782 he was a wagon maker born in VA and his wife was Elizabeth b 1795 in TN they married ? had a daughter Margaret in 1833. In 1870 Sevier Co., TN census Eliabeth Dinison was listed as 75 keeping house adn witha 37 yr old servant adn Joseph 3 and William A. 11/12. Not sure about wher her husband Joseph was at the census talking in 1870.

I need help with this line. Thought maybe you would have seen something because of your link into VA.

As you well know they did not always spell their name the same each year in the census.

If you can't I understand - please reply if you think of something.

Regards,
Donna

Re: Difference In Information on Anderson Dennison

Posted: 10 Jul 2001 12:06AM GMT
Surnames: dennison
i have a james lewis dennison in my family he is my gggrandfather i have a long history of dennison in my family do you have a hiram dennison or a jonathan dennison he was my g grandfatrher hiram was my grandfather i will be more then happy to share any infornation i have if it is a part of your dennison family please e-mail me at lttlwoody@aol.com in the subject: line please put dennison family so i will open it ight away or you may not get a answer thankyou

Re: A Branch of the WV Dennison Family Tree

Kimberly S.Turner (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2002 1:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a Great-Grandfather by the name of George Washington Dennison form the Harrison County, West Virginia area. Maybe we could compare names. Write back if interested.

Posted: 18 Aug 2003 6:50AM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2005 1:19AM GMT
Surnames: Warner,Bailey,Bennett,Cowan,Dennison
Hi Kimberly, I'm not sure if this is the same line but my husband's grandfather was Howard Dennison whose father was Luke Dennison whose father was George Washington Dennison and his father was James Ross Dennison......if any of this connects....Please let me know. Thanks, Kristi

Posted: 22 May 2007 10:45PM GMT
i know its abit of a late response but i have just recently began my search into family history.I am descended from james lewis dennison of faquier co va. my lineage is as follows: James lewis- james lewis jr- gabriel-fielding-orville ray-orville roy..to me orville roy jr.

Posted: 23 May 2007 1:46PM GMT
This is myb husband's family on his mther's side-- so I have lots of info and will be glad to share. Please E-mail me at danny1wv@suddenlink.net
Thank you,
Carlena Titus

Re: Difference In Information on Anderson Dennison

Posted: 4 Feb 2008 1:54AM GMT
I am a decendent of Jonathan Dennison Thro Hiram Dennison. Could you give me any info on Jonathans parents or his wife Mary. I can't seem to find anything on Sarah Short, Hirams wife either.

I am Elizabeth (Lizzie) Dennisons ggranddau. She is Hiram and Sarah Short Dennisons dau.

Any info would be be nice

Thank you
Reba
per page

Find a board about a specific topic