Search for content in message boards

Shields of Mississippi

Shields of Mississippi

Lisa Harris (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2000 9:29PM GMT
I 'am looking for any connection to my family roots...My grandfather was Frank "bilbo" Shields and his parents were
Francis Marion Shields Jr. and Elizabeth "pinky" Shields my grandfather had 10 brothers and sisters and they are the following Carrie Belle
Minnie Lee
William Freeman (billy)
Fred
Sara Thomas (tommie)
Baby F.M.
Silas
Marion Carl (dick)
Alice Leon
Perry (skin)
Francis Marion Shields Jr. was the seventh child of Francis Marion sr. and Sarah Jernigan Shields they were married on oct.18 1855 if anyone has any connection I sure would like to hear from you Lisa

Shields of Mississippi

Lacey Shields (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2000 9:25PM GMT
Lisa,

I am looking for an Shields that are related
to a harvey Alexander Shields born October 9th and a Clifton Shields. If you know anything please e-mail me back at tastamer@hotmail.com

Shields of Mississippi

Posted: 11 May 2000 10:39AM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2002 1:38PM GMT
This is what we have:
1 John Shields b. abt 1750
2 John Shields b. Nov 22, 1797
3 Francis Marion Shields b. Aug 18, 1836
4 Francis Marion Shields, Jr.
b. abt 1866
5 Francis Marion Shields, III
b. abt 1914
Hope this helps.

John Shields

Heidi M. Shields (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2000 8:12PM GMT
Hi
I have a lot of John Shields and Francis Shields in my lineage. Please e-mail me at hcat@merr.com. Maybe there is a connection. Thanks

Shields(sp?) in MS-Clifton

Posted: 26 Nov 2000 9:48AM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2002 9:30PM GMT
My grandfather was born in MS. in 1907. He was born Clifton Stevenson Shields. He was the biological son of Nathan Isaac Shields.(that was the name we were told)Nathan and my great grandmother Mary Ella Dubose(sp?) divorce around 1909(estimated) She remarried Isaac "Dink" Brown. Brown adopted my grandfather and his name was changed to Clifton S. Brown. That's all we know but would like to know more about our biological family the Shields.

Shields(sp?) in MS-Clifton

Posted: 26 Nov 2000 9:49AM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2002 9:30PM GMT
Lacey,
My grandfather was born in MS. in 1907. He was born Clifton Stevenson Shields. He was the biological son of Nathan Isaac Shields.(that was the name we were told)Nathan and my great grandmother Mary Ella Dubose(sp?) divorce around 1909(estimated) She remarried Isaac "Dink" Brown. Brown adopted my grandfather and his name was changed to Clifton S. Brown. That's all we know but would like to know more about our biological family the Shields.

Shields

Richard May (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2000 5:15AM GMT
Hi Lisa,
I am the grandson of the late Marion C. Shields . My mother was his daughter.

Shields , Marion,brother to Bilbo

Richard May (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2000 5:29AM GMT
Hi Lisa,
I am the grandson of the late Marion C. Shields . My mother was his daughter.

Re: Shields of Mississippi

Posted: 30 Aug 2002 7:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
lisa, my grandfather was fred shields. he was uncle bilbo's brother. my grandmother is helen shields. my brother and i stayed with billie jo and his daughter joann for a little while while my family was seperated. my father is charles "buck" shields. i believe that if you mention these names to your family, someone will recognize them. i have quite a bit of research completed on our side of the family. if you would like to share info just email me. it's great to finally find another family member that is interested in the ancestry as am i.
charles "chuck" shields jr

Re: Shields of Mississippi

Susan Bulla (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2004 3:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, Linda. I , too, am descended from Francis MArion Shields, Jr. and I remember your grandfather well. He visited in the home of my grandmother (Minnie Lee Shields Catledge) several times. Will be happy to share what I have.

Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic