Search for content in message boards

FTM/Ancestry Trees NO LONGER synced ...

FTM/Ancestry Trees NO LONGER synced ...

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 3:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
HELP!

When I installed the upgrade for FTM the other day, it worked fine and my trees were synced.

Tonight, I'm looking at FTM and not one of my trees are synced w/Ancestry.com ... yet, when I go to Ancestry, it tells me that my trees ARE synced.

FTM will also not let me download my trees from Ancestry ... says, "No action available".

Re: FTM/Ancestry Trees NO LONGER synced ...

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 4:59AM GMT
Was working on my tree last night, today I open it up and it's no longer synced!

This is my 3rd tree now that has mysteriously become "unsynced".

Online it shows that it is syncing, but in FTMM nothing, it does give me the option to "export" online, but as usual the online tree is not up to date!

What the heck is causing this problem? Frustrating!

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 5:46PM GMT
I feel your pain!!! Hopefully, someone will come along and help!

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 1:35PM GMT
Submitted an inquiry to ancestry.com support team ... Your Question has been Submitted
Thank you for contacting Ancestry Customer Service. The reference number for your inquiry is #121015-000008

Our Customer Support Representatives are available every day from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm EST. We typically respond within 24 hours, but there may be a short delay if we experience higher than expected email volumes.

Sincerely,
The Ancestry Customer Service Team

Parking the initial response here ... let's see how long it takes to get help!

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 2:03PM GMT
I have constant issues with the sync failing especially when I add photos. I have started closing out of the website and then re-opening before every sync. It seems to work a little more often if I do it that way. Not an ideal solution but it seems to work more often than not.

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 3:23PM GMT
I wish that could work for me, but my trees are not showing on FTM (except in the ancestry area where I can click and be taken to my tree on ancestry). When I go to "upload a tree to ancestry", I see my list of trees on FTM ... but, get this message: "No action can be taken" (meaning I can't upload).

When I am at ancestry, it tells me that ALL of my trees are synced with FTM ... not true anymore!

I'll have to wait to see if ancestry has a solution.

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 4:35PM GMT
good luck!

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 1:57PM GMT
I am having the same issue.

By the way, are you using FTM-2 for PC or Mac? I'm using Mac

This is beyond frustrating.

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 2:23PM GMT
MAC ... and, I sent a message to ancestry.com almost a week ago and have had no reply from them. SAD!!!

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 5:10PM GMT
I am seeing others with the same issue. Frustrating!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic